Adding Just Cals

Options
The odd time when I can't find the food by searching for it or if I wanted to add the calories that might be in something homemade, is there a way I can just add the cals for a meal?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    yes, "Quick Add Calories", on the web page this is a link to the right of the search box for finding a food in the database
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    or you can add the meal yourself be creating the food in the database...
  • VinEnzo
    VinEnzo Posts: 11
    Options
    I can't create a recipe as the item I'm trying to add is a juice I've made myself with a juicer, but 'Quick Add Calories Only' is also on the app when you scroll right to the bottom as your prompted to search. It works just fine, thanks.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I can't create a recipe as the item I'm trying to add is a juice I've made myself with a juicer, but 'Quick Add Calories Only' is also on the app when you scroll right to the bottom as your prompted to search. It works just fine, thanks.

Not sure what you mean by not being able to add it. I personally add my juice as a meal. I put in all the different parts and then choose to save the combination as a meal. If that doesn't make sense I can try to walk you through it.

The big advantage of not just adding quick calories is that it tracks other nutrition information too so you know when you are getting too little or too much of other stuff you monitor.
  • VinEnzo
    VinEnzo Posts: 11
    Options

Not sure what you mean by not being able to add it. I personally add my juice as a meal. I put in all the different parts and then choose to save the combination as a meal. If that doesn't make sense I can try to walk you through it.

The big advantage of not just adding quick calories is that it tracks other nutrition information too so you know when you are getting too little or too much of other stuff you monitor.
    When you juice those items they lose the fibre so the values change.

I've been using 'http://juicerecipes.com/build/' to calculate the calories after the individual items have been juiced and now adding them with 'Quick Add'