new 30 year old to site looking for tips on the best diet pl

izzyandobo
izzyandobo Posts: 41
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I have had two children in the past couple of years and am looking to get my old body back - but even better. I think I have the exercise part under control but would love some diet advice geared towards people who have a hard time taking off weight. I have about 20 lbs to lose. Please help. Thanks, Jenn

Replies

• izzyandobo
    Hi. I have had two children in the past couple of years and am looking to get my old body back - but even better. I think I have the exercise part under control but would love some diet advice geared towards people who have a hard time taking off weight. I have about 20 lbs to lose. Please help. Thanks, Jenn
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    You really don't want to "diet" but focus on good nutrition. Eat whole wheat grains instead of processed grains, lower fat versions of your favorite foods, lean meats, veggies and fruits. Do not deprive yourself too much because it is not going to work in the long term. This is a lifestyle change not something you do to get to a certain weight and then what? I have been on every diet out there and yes, I have lost weight on most of them but once I get off "the diet" I gain it all back and then some...This is the only way to do it. This site is great because you set your goal and it helps you figure out how much you can eat. Continue doing your workouts but don't get stuck in the same routine, vary your workouts. Log them in. And the more you exercise the more you can eat so you don't feel like you are starving. Oh, and space out your meals, eat every 2 to 4 hrs. I usually eat about 300-400 cal breakfast and lunch, 2 100-150 snacks in between and it leaves me with plenty of calories for my dinner which is usually my largest meal of the day. Good thing we eat early, around 5:30pm I try not to eat after 7pm unless I go out with friends or my hubby...I just adjust my meals when I do that. I hope this helps. And stay here with us, we will help you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • izzyandobo
    Thank you for your advice. I think I would do well to not eat after supper. I seem to make bad choices after my kids are in bed. I usually eat really heathly otherwise but I know I probably consume a lot of my daily calories after 8 pm. Just doing the food log yesterday was very helpful. It is nice to have the computer to enter things on instead of consulting a calorie book and writing everthing in a paper journal. Thank you for taking the time to write back to me.
This discussion has been closed.