Last year, when I turned 57 . . .

Options
javacafe
javacafe Posts: 79 Member
In February 2013, I turned 57 years old. I looked at myself in the mirror, and thought it was time to get serious. So, I did. And here are the results.

The first month wasn't that productive. But, I got white-knuckle serious in months two through four, and then kept up with it. Here is what happened:

t2IrP0R.jpg

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success and thank you for the inspiration!
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dang! Great work!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is impressive. I'm 51 and trying to make sure I get back into shape and stay that way. Your results are inspiring. Not sure if I'll get your abs though :laugh:
  • javacafe
    javacafe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you, guys. Your responses are very generous. It does certainly feel nice to get some encouragement. In fact, this is likely the only place where I can post pictures, ask for encouragement, and get some . . without the fear of being negatively evaluated or judged adversely.

Having been a fitness enthusiast for a very long time, but never having really known what to do and how, it was surely nice to be able to accomplish what I did last year.

It is life changing in a way. I was never a person who lacked self-confidence. Yet, the physical transformation was like a celestial gift. . . it cannot be quite communicated through words, you have to experience it.

I'd like to encourage all those of you who are struggling out there (and perhaps not seeing results fast enough) to do two things (1) don't give up, and (2) learn the ropes . . . there are right ways and wrong ways of doing things. I must have spent almost all of my youth doing silly, unproductive (yet very hard) work . . . and wasted much time and energy.

Finally, if any of you wish to add me a s a friend, please feel free to do so. I log in every day. I try to stay away from perfunctory comments (like Great! and WTG) and try to offer help and advice when asked, and offer motivation to those who seem to need it. (If you do add me as a friend, let me know you found me on this thread.)

Cheers, all.
  • gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing! The fact that you persevered and pushed on, trying to attain your goal even though you started off not knowing how to go about reaching your aim, is by itself an incredible achievement. Congrats on coming so far.

I'm so proud of you! Also you look fab :)

I can't wait to see what you'll look like by the end of this year! You are an inspiration.
    With your level of motivation and consistency, I know without doubt that you'll achieve whatever you seek.
    Good luck on your journey!

With much awe and respect,
    xx
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow.....that's an amazing transformation. Those are now my new motivational pics! :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Very impressed.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Success in pictures

absolutely bloody brilliant

congrats
  • sweetnspicy1991
    sweetnspicy1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing.. Good job... Gotta say you look like your in your 30's now... Awesome! =)
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how you turned your life around in less than a year. That's amazing. Congratulations.
  • danamcox
    danamcox Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YOWZA!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Congrats!

:drinker:
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good work!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is incredible! Amazing work! Congratulations!
  • novagirl55
    novagirl55 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Lookin' good! You certainly should be very proud. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!