What are your self-inspiration secrets?

Options
I love this site for inspiration and hearing about other people's successes and pitfalls, but when I'm not online, I've got wee Jiminy-Cricket-style tricks to spur myself on. When I go into the supermarket, and there's a stand of family-size bags of Revels reduced to £1, in my head I always go 'More like 1lb' (fnar). Or when I'm out running and want to stop I think 'stop if you want, tubby, but have a nice time on the beach wearing a t-shirt'. It kinda works! What does everyone else do? Or is everyone else a grown adult with reasonable discipline...?

Replies

• WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love your 1lb remark! That's brilliant! May have to use that in the future.
    I feel guilty about mine. But I was/am so used to being the biggest person in the room, that when I do see someone bigger, my thought power is "That's what you're fighting not to be".
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I completely get that! Just being aware you how far you've come. Well done :smile:
  • kwitherspoon19
    kwitherspoon19 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For me whenever I am working out and I am on the brink of giving up I ask myself, "do you NEED to take a break right now, or do you WANT to take a break right now?" most of the time it is the latter and I keep pushing myself