Pounds vs. Inches (I'm confused and happy at the same time)

Options
Ok...I'm very new at this, so please forgive me. I carry around the same 5-7 pounds and am constantly trying to lose them. My goal was to lose those 5-7 pounds (to be around 129, 128) so I can actually fit into some really nice clothes that I own but couldn't fit into with the friends I've been carrying around on my stomach and hips. Recently, I actually set some goals and have been very disciplined. And I've lost a few of those pounds, although I have 2-3 more to go. The past few days I have been feeling really skinny, so I stepped on the scale. No change. But I felt like I had lost weight, so I tried on my one super cute skirt that has been my goal to wear and, voila, it fit beautifully! I was so pleased. But why is my weight still stuck at 131? I'm happy but confused at the same time.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Body weight scale is just one metric.

Body measurements are more important to me. Continue eating at a deficit and lift weights

Here is a link that may be of help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at maintenance, but also working out some (and eating back exercise calories). My weight is down 3 lbs, but my clothes are much looser.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your body composition is changing. Your weight is a more compllication equation that strictly this much space= this much weight, it can vary depending on muscle mass, fat mass, water retention, and all sorts of other things

you are on the right track so keep doing what you are doing :)