Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mid 30's Female! Friends welcome!

Greetings everyone! I recently turned 36 and have gained about 40 pounds in the last two years through frigid temperatures and two VERY long winters. We are FINALLY getting some sunshine and warm weather here in MN.

I have been struggling with trying to lose 30 of those 40 pounds for the last year and a half. Yup... I actually gained another 10. I have had my thyroid checked several times, done a BMR analysis and tried Weight Watchers, and several other things to lost the weight but without success. I am trying to focus on changing my lifestyle which is proving rather difficult with two picky eaters living in my house.

Anyway, I could use some friends to tag a long with on here? I would love to share recipes, support and try to make this a LITTLE fun. If you would like to add me, please do! Looking forward to meeting you!

Replies

• Greetings everyone! I recently turned 36 and have gained about 40 pounds in the last two years through frigid temperatures and two VERY long winters. We are FINALLY getting some sunshine and warm weather here in MN.

Anyway, I could use some friends to tag a long with on here? I would love to share recipes, support and try to make this a LITTLE fun. If you would like to add me, please do! Looking forward to meeting you!
    HA! Same for me here in Toronto. Something about heavy beer and comfort food when it is -15c to -30c out for LONG stretches at a time. Consider yourself added. Heres to a successful go of it together.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Hi! I'm trying to knock another 20-25 off so let's do it together! I don't log my meals any longer but I do log my exercise which is about 5x/week. I check in here daily. I lost my last 20 pounds doing Dr. Ian's Shred Diet.
  • jmgrazer
    jmgrazer Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm 32 and log in daily. I don't post much on the forums but I like seeing my friends activity on my news feed. That helps to motivate me!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    36.5 yo here! I recently moved away from MN after living there for 10 years (and 5 years in WI before that). I miss some things about MN for sure...not that ever lasting winter though! Will send you a friend request!
  • halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    hey there, i am 34. 4 kids. i log daily and am here on the boards some evenings. i don't have an open diary right now but am always willing to cheer on a MFP friend!