A DIFFERENT KIND OF Challenge for Novemberand December

Options
Hi everyone, I have a new challenge for every one, and if you have facebook I want you to post it there too. Thanksgiving is just 25 days away, what I want you all to do is make a DONATION to your local food bank. .Then in December ( I will repost this the 1st of Dec) make a DONATION to TOYS FOR TOTS .There are so many families out there that WILL NOT have anything for their dinner on Thanksgiving Day, just think about all the food that WE throw out after our Thanksgiving dinner, I may keep the left overs for two or three days but after that Im sick of it. So when you start to buy the things you will need for your dinner just buy a few extra things.
I have been giving to toys for tots for 15 or more years. When my sons were little they were the kids getting toys from the angle tree or from the schools or local church, we even got a Thanksgiving dinner one year from a Church. We never had a lot but I always knew and tried to teach my sons that their were people in this world that has nothing. Children getting up Christmas morning with nothing under their tree if they even had a tree. Every year I would take my sons to the mall and get an Angle from a Christmas tree and the boys got to shop for that Angle, they always had the best time. So if you have little one or not when you shop this year for your families buy an extra toys or two and take them to your local fire department , I think thats who collects for toys for tots, at least they do here.
OK almost done, sorry so long.. repost this on facebook, we need to get as money people as we can helping out this holiday season.
I sent an email to the founder of MFP asking him to make the challenge to all the people on MFP but I never heard back from him so I just did it.
Im not very good with words but I try, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PEOPLE LETS GIVE BACK, PAY IT FORWARD, WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. THEY SAY ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, JUST IMAGINE WHAT THOUSANDS CAN DO.

Replies

• kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Joyce!
  • deadeyelou
    Options
    What a nice idea, so often we focus on our goals and successes that we ignore that there is a whole different world out there. Great sentiment and great idea. 'Tis the season after all.
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great goals for the holidays!! I always donate to Toys for Tots and my son's school always collects the canned goods for Thanksgiving.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I am trying to teach my son this....we are very fortunate and he doesn't realized that (mostly due to me handing him everything).....anyhow...we just donated some stockings full of stuff for the military and I am looking into us volunteering to serve food for a hungry kitchen in a town nearby.maybe once a month...or so....He needs to realize just how lucky we are...and we always sponser kids for Chirstmas.....I think it is so important to try and teach this now......thanks for the post Joyce!!!