Healthy quick lunches

Options
emclean72
emclean72 Posts: 11
Hi everyone!

I am looking for some healthy lunches... some that may or may not have to be microwaved before eating (will be out with no microwave)

:)

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do chipotle
    Like today I will

Other times I grill out chicken breast, and bring that with white steamed rice and then broccoli
  • drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'd love some ideas too! Lunch is always the worst meal for me because I dont know what to eat and I dont have a lot of time.
  • BreederUK
    BreederUK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat the same lunch everyday. Soup with Ryvita and fat free cottage cheese. I eat a different soup every day to keep it interesting.
    I buy M&S soup (the fresh ones in pots) rather than tinned soup.

ms2.jpg

I find eating soup really fills me up and fits into my daily calorific allowance. The fibre in the Ryvita also really fills me up.

Just a suggestion.
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A few ryvita thins, a slice of cheese, some parma ham slices and some olives is a low-calorie lunch I like. It takes time to eat too (because of assembling it all and picking at it) which helps me. Parma ham is only about 40 calories a slice :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese and crackers with fruits and vegetables. Mainly because I'm lazy, but also because I love cheese and the fat helps keep me full during the day.
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I eat soup a lot for lunch too. If you don't have access to a microwave then I would recommend my go-to no microwave lunch of cottage cheese and ryvita with sliced deli meat.
  • skhuu
    skhuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the MFP blog, they actually have really good recipes. I also agree that soups is definitely a good lunch meal, although I always crave for some carbs, so I try to find whole wheat rolls.

I found a chicken avocado salad recipe that I've been eating and loving for lunch. I usually eat with whole wheat bread (look for the small sized bread slices about 130 cals for 2 slices) or with half of a whole wheat pita bread or with Flatout flatbreads. It's diced boiled chicken breast, with greek yogurt and avocado. Add the other fixings that you like (onion, celery, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder).

I just found this recipe on MFP that is really similar and I plan to try out next.

Avocado Tuna Salad

Ingredients

2 cans of flaked light tuna
    1 ripe avocado
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped red onion
    1/2 red apple, chopped
    1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
    1 T pickle juice (or water-if using increase salt slightly)
    1 tsp dried dill
    1/2 tsp dijon mustard
    1/4 tsp cumin
    salt and pepper, to taste
    Directions

In a large bowl, mash up avocado with the back of a fork or potato masher.

Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.

Add in pickle juice, dried dill, dijon, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix well.

Serve on bread, top on salad or eat plain.

Note: Will keep up to 1 week in refrigerator.
  • AmyMS86
    AmyMS86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat stir-fry a couple times a week. Usually on Sunday I will just cut up some chicken and whatever veggies I have a saute them all with some coconut aminos/soy sauce. Super easy and warms up decently. Or steak with veggies and worcestershire sauce.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Pre-make a bunch of quinoa/rice/etc and put it portions into containers, then add pre-cooked beans (I've been using chick peas) and throw some greens on top (I've been using swiss chard). Nuke it for a bit at work - the heat will lightly cook the greens. And enjoy!

For added flavour - cook the grains in broth/spices and I sometimes throw on some hot sauce after it's all ready to eat.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Usually I do leftovers, but sometimes in a pinch I mix a hard boiled egg with half of an avocado (diced) and some grape tomatoes (halved). Add a dab of vinegar to help break down the avocado and make it like a creamy dressing. Or you can substitute tuna for the egg, or any combination of the four. With a container of Greek yogurt or a piece of fruit and you have a protein packed, nutritious lunch.
  • kddocgirl
    kddocgirl Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually eat the same thing for lunch sandwich made with a 100 calorie whole wheat sandwich can also use whole wheat bread though for around 50 to 70 calories a piece 1 tablespoon honey mustard or any sauce around 10 calories a tablespoon 2 slices lettuce, 2 slices tomato 2 ounces each of turkey and lean roast beef and a container of unsweetened applesauce to go cup thing haha will be 355 with the 100 calorie whole wheat sandwich thin or 395 with the whole wheat bread that has 70 calories per slice 395
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    kilogram of sweet potatoes