Protein Powder suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I always go for the cheapest......and I have this thing going where I never try the same one twice.....kinda like cycling them or something? LOL. So.....I seen this tub of whey protein blend at Sam's Club, and opted for it this time around...it's got an OK flavor, and has a bunch of vitamins and minerals added.....i believe it's marketed more as a weight loss protein supp.....but haven't had any problems with it......

Last month it was some Almased.....some weird soy/pea protein blend that contains digestion enzymes to aide digestion, etc.....it's apparently got a whole "fad diet" behind it.....but I just received the canister as a gift.....so I was like sure I'll take it.....I'll try anything once :X hah Did not have any problems with it......month before was some Nature's Plus Spiru-Tein lol. but it was all free.....so figured eh, what the heck, give it a whirl.......
  • iamalittlemouse
    Options
    I get my protein powder from here http://www.canadianprotein.com/whey-protein-isolate.html It tastes really good, and is comparable with some of the other brands in price.
  • Kulaid77
    Kulaid77 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Banana Cream (any flavor really) Combat Powder. It has fast, medium & slow released proteins.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use a whey protein (PB flavor, specifically) from Slap Nutrition - www.weslap.com

Super clean ingredients, no bs crap, sweetened with stevia, etc. Oh and the tubs are actually FULL to the brimp with protein. If you order off their website you can use my code MEGMO for 10% off.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The only thing I use is unsweetened unflavored whey protein from a brand called About Time. I hate the aftertaste of artificial flavors and sweeteners. I get plenty of sweet out of the milk and fruit I add. In my mind, it's the best.

I should add, it has ONE ingredient - whey protein isolate.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    After going through probably a dozen brands of protein powder, I've decided I don't really like the texture of any of them, but if I add them to greek yogurt, I can stomach most of them. I've settled on the chocolate designer whey they sell at Trader Joe's. Mix with some water and TJ's plain greek yogurt, a banana and pb2. The protein powder has 19g of protein for 100 calories, and the yogurt has 22g of protein for 120-ish calories.