I need advice please

Options
I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (knees, hips, low back, elbows and neck), Fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme Disease and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My entire exercise routine MUST consist of NO impact exercise. I mainly do elliptical, treadmills, walking, water aerobics and water jogging, hooping, belly dancing, etc.

I'm getting bored. I have all sorts of equipment for my water exercises like waist belt to keep me afloat while water jogging, ankle and wrist weights and fins for resistance and other things. I've done a little yoga but find it difficult on my joints. My gym even has a treadmill underwater which is awesome however, this routine is getting old.

I do a bit of lifting but not too much because my doctor won't allow it. I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds although I do go up to 35-40 on arms and legs.

Does anyone have any other ideas for no impact workouts that I can do to switch up my routine?

Any help would be really appreciated. TIA :)

Replies

• nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Anyone? This was dropped to page 2 almost instantly lol
  • Dawnog
    Dawnog Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I see you do exercising in water, how about swimming, it is a real all over toner without impacting on joints ect, also pilates is very good, my husband has terrible trouble with his back but is now pain free due to pilates, I probably havnt helped in the slightest but I wish you luck.
  • nilleah
    Options
    I do swim but have never tried Pilate's. Thank you. I'll look into that.
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of or tried Piyo before? That's no impact and similar to Pilates. Here's a link to some exampls of the moves, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJlBwdJ0xJw
  • nilleah
    Options
    That Piyo looks fantastic but I couldn't do it. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hips and knees. I wish I could! It looks like something I would love. :(
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Dancing! I'd get some videos and do some dance workouts. I have Zumba on my Wii and I love it. There's also a dvd by Billy Blanks Jr. I want to get that's a mix of all kind of dancing and it looks like a great workout. You could just do what you can do and leave out the rest.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weight loss, btw!! Over 100 lbs? I can't wait til I get there. I've lost 45 in all but I have 100 to go.