Can I really do it???

Options
Hello, I am new to this site. I have about 75 pounds to lose and just do NOT understand how i got here!! Yikes!! It happened sooooooo fast!

I feel like I am at a point of no return ,, this is alot of weight to lose!!

I recently have been having crazy high Blood pressure readings as well so I MUST get my butt in gear!!

So you think this is doable??

Thanks,
Tina

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Of course it's doable! You need to be consistant, dedicated, and accoutable. And we're all here to help you out! :bigsmile:
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Yes, it is doable. You just have to be committed to reaching your goals and find a program that works for you and your lifestyle. You will have bad days, but you will have to learn how to bounce back and keep moving forward. There are alot of great people on this site that will encourage you to keep going. You can do ti!
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    And be patient! Don't lose courage when you don't see results as quickly as you want - as long as you are exercising and eating right you are helping your body, whether or not you lose weight quickly!
  • ironmule
    Options
    It's most definitely doable. As of 18 months ago I was 47 pounds heavier than I am now. It will seem hard on some days maybe even some weeks at first, but I can be done and I'm sure you will. Be patient and set small goals to start. Be consistent and you'll get there and you'll be all that much more happy when you do. :-)
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes it is very doable.... You just have to take one step at a time... know that your big over all goal is 75 but makes weekly goals that are reachable.. for example start out by saying I am going to workout everyday and then work on eating less calories and research foods that you like.. When I started my journey I was a very picky eater but I did some experimenting and realized that some foods that I told my self I would not like I ended up really enjoying them... then maybe go to both workout and food... and then when you have those under control go to counting your weight loss....MAKE SURE YOU CELERBRATE EVERY GOAL AND ACCOMPLISHMENT.. NOTHING IS TO SMALL OF AN ACOMPLISHMENT...... I also bought the cookbook cook your self thin.. this has helped me a lot by showing me how to cool the food that I love just substituting more healthy options.... I have been working on my weight loss a long time I have to take it one day at a time to change my lifestyle and habits so that in the end I don't end up gaining it all back..... I hope it goes well for you and this site is great for encouragement and ideas from everything to healthy recipes to workouts.....
    God Bless
    Leslie
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    yes, you can do it. Also, if you have high blood pressure, youre at risk for heart disease and stroke, along with renal failure and bad liver functions........also, seen how bad the Diabetes 2 epidemic is?

Not only will you look and feel great, but you wont have to go on a calcium blocker or high blood pressure med if you lower it now, and dont wait till you get older.......youll save money.....Good luck, keep staying focused. LLoyd
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You can do it - I KNOW you can! It's definitely tough at times and I know how it can be. I'm on a quest to lose 85...the scale hasn't moved this week, but I've lost inches and my clothes are fitting better.

It feels great to be complimented and we're GREAT at complimenting each other on MFP! :o)

Stay encouraged!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's definitely do-able. I am still taking medication for high blood pressure and high cholestorol. However, I have dropped over 70 lbs. since I joined in March 2010. I have been diligent and honest about what I'm eating and the amount of exercise I have been doing. Your body will reward you if your mind does its part. As others have said, patience is important. After all, it's not just the weight. You have the high blood pressure to deal with. That's really important to deal with. I don't want you to have a stroke like I did.
  • Jolly2000
    Options
    it is possible <<I started with 50 lbs have to lose & after losing 12 lbs I think it is not so easy but of course possible
    Just don't look at the 75 pounds ...start with small goals like 10 lbs much easier that way :)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You have had some great advice from everyone so far and as they have said it is definitely doable. Ultimately whether you succeed is entirely down to you and your commitment, remember you are doing this for you, to be more healthy and feel better. For a long time I was thinking I needed to lose some weight but was rather half hearted about it, then something suddenly clicked in my head and I knew it was the right time for me to commit to seriously doing something. This website and the support of people on these boards has been amazing and I wouldn't be where I have got to today without it. So good luck to you, you are definitely in the right place to help you lose the weight. Think positively, you can do this and in fact you are going to do this :happy:
  • ignatius14
    ignatius14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it! You took the first step, and most folks say that step is the hardest! We are all here trying to stave off the negative health outcomes associated with being overweight. Congratulations on recognizing that it is time to get serious. I love it! We are on this journey together...