Altra running shoes

Options
wilsoje74
wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
Does anyone use altra running shoes? What model? My husband likes his and I'm thinking of buying a pair.

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I wear a pair of Zero Drop. Love 'em. I am a natural forefoot runner so I have always liked the concept of more minimal shoes. But, I also have had plantar fasciitis, so I was worried. I have been fine in these shoes.
    I like them because they feel tough, like real shoes. But they don't have a raised heel or gushy soles. And they are wide. I have wide feet.
    Good luck. Don't tell the husband you second quessed him. Ha
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use altra running shoes? What model? My husband likes his and I'm thinking of buying a pair.
    Buying a pair of running shoes because someone else likes their's is about as dumb as buying a pair because of their color.

Go to a place that has alot of diff makes and models. Everyone is diff. Our run group usually has around 10 people in it. 5-6 diff brands and not one person has the same model For every person who loves one model you have 2-3 who will say they tried it and didnt like it.

You can ask for recommendations but dont buy any running shoes without trying them AND a number of other models on first.
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    Buying a pair of running shoes because someone else likes their's is about as dumb as buying a pair because of their color.

Go to a place that has alot of diff makes and models. Everyone is diff. Our run group usually has around 10 people in it. 5-6 diff brands and not one person has the same model For every person who loves one model you have 2-3 who will say they tried it and didnt like it.

You can ask for recommendations but dont buy any running shoes without trying them AND a number of other models on first.
    thanks and yes I would try them on. I've been running for about 3 years, with my longest race being a 10 mile. I've yet to find a perfect shoe that I've stuck with. I've gotten fitted and used many brands. They have all worked fine. I just don't know many that use altras and I like to get reviews and personal opinions. Sorry if my question was dumb, and thanks for the input.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of altras....blanking on the model , but they are zero drop, light, and have a HUGE toe box...thus, I have run marathons in them with no black toe. I am a fan :)
  • cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you try Altra, they run small. I'd size up for sure.
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    If you try Altra, they run small. I'd size up for sure.
    ive heard that!!!
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I have two pairs of altras....blanking on the model , but they are zero drop, light, and have a HUGE toe box...thus, I have run marathons in them with no black toe. I am a fan :)
    my husband likes the toe box! I lost a toe nail last year and think I could use a bigger one
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have the Olympus and I love them! My feet are wide across the toes and these shoes are so roomy. I had to order up a full size because of how small they run.