Running Shorts

Options
Hi.

I'm running my first 10K in about a week and a half, and I'm wondering what are the best women's running shorts? I have a few pairs that I have been trying out, (1 pair from Old Navy, a pair from Target, and one older Nike pair) and all of them seem to ride up between my thighs while I'm running. This drives me nuts.

Wondering if anyone has a favorite pair that they find stay in place well. Otherwise, I will probably just wear capris. But I know its going to be warm.

Thanks!

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    After trying many, many different styles and brands, I found the one I pair of shorts I love at Lululemon, the Speed Short (4 way stretch). They are definitely pricey, but they've held up so beautifully over the years. I bought four pairs three years ago and they're still solid. One note though, don't put your shorts in the dryer, just hang dry them to extend their life.

Obviously you'd have to try different ones to see what works for you, but I love love LOVE the Speed Short.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    In for suggestions. I just bought a pair w/compression shorts underneath from target. While they rode up a little it wasn't terrible (maybe an 1/2 to 1 inch) and my thighs didn't rub together. Of course not having to worry about the ride up altogether would be nice...
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would seriously take a look at Oiselle. Running apparel for women only.
    http://www.oiselle.com
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Lululemon shorts!! I have several pairs that I bought a few years ago, and they still look like new. No chaffing and they are light weight. I wear them on the hottest of days. They also have two small pockets in the front to hold gels or a key, and a zipper pocket in the back that my iphone fits in.
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    In for suggestions. I just bought a pair w/compression shorts underneath from target. While they rode up a little it wasn't terrible (maybe an 1/2 to 1 inch) and my thighs didn't rub together. Of course not having to worry about the ride up altogether would be nice...

I have several pairs of these and love them. Actually they just started fitting again after baby Whoot! Whoot! I don't mind when they ride up a little as long as I don't feel like I need to pull them down so my jiggly parts aren't hanging out. They also prevent heat rash from your thighs rubbing on longer runs or hot days. I have some pants/capri from Spanx that I also really love. They seem to be stretchy but still stay up while you run. Another benefit of these two options is you can loose quite a bit of weight and still have them stay up.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    After trying many, many different styles and brands, I found the one I pair of shorts I love at Lululemon, the Speed Short (4 way stretch). They are definitely pricey, but they've held up so beautifully over the years. I bought four pairs three years ago and they're still solid. One note though, don't put your shorts in the dryer, just hang dry them to extend their life.

Obviously you'd have to try different ones to see what works for you, but I love love LOVE the Speed Short.

I have those too and I love them. I raid the sale racks at my local Lulu stores constantly and snap up running gear in my size at more reasonable prices, though, because I do think the regular prices are a bit steep for workout clothing.

I actually really like most of Victoria's Secret and PINK's activewear, too. I have a couple pairs of great shorts from both.