I thought I could do it on my own but.................

Options
I couldnt do it. Im putting my foot down. November 1st. Im back and I can get back on the MFP horse again. I have two full onths the rest of the year and I can lose at least 15 pounds.

Earlier this year hack january 3rd I lost my job and so I decided to eat my depression. I gained. YUCK. In May I started a boot camp, lost 10. YEA!!!!!!! Still didnt have a job and didnt continue to work out but was very careful and didnt gain any, I actually lost 10 or more. (because the depression and set in and I wasnst eating). August came around was going to the river on a mini vaca before school started so I kept all the weight off and was at a steady 195. WOO HOOO!!!!!! August 23rd I finally started my new job (SUPER YEA!!!!!!) and they feed me, well everybody, and I cant stop eating. Almost every other day, sometimes less, someone is bringing food (usually sweets, my uber weakness). Like today my boss brought in a pumpkin pie. UGH! Ive gained inbetween 5 to 7 pounds. It varies and it sucks.

Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is just around the way and I want to lose 5 pounds (hopefully more) by Thanksgiving. I figure even if I dont workout, just watching how many calories I eat I should be able to lose something ,right? God I hope so. I really would love to be 180 by the new year.

When I started I was so on it. I counted everything. Measured. Ate more chicken than I have ever eaten in my life. No mayo, or dressing of any type (well except ranch, I have to have ranch on my salads, sorry) The only thing Ive kept up is no soda, well almost, Ill have the occasional Stawberry limeade from sonice but thats about it. Ive tanked on my water drinking. UGH.

Ill get back on this. I will do good. Im tried of being fat. I feel a little bit better. So theres the gung ho. Im going to do this.

Replies

• Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes you will.

I like your attitude. Good luck with it, I know it's hard, but the end result is brilliant. :wink:
  • mchelle125
    mchelle125 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I also work in an office where there is ALWAYS food. Try to switch your mindset and take PRIDE in saying "no thanks". And feel good when your co-workers say "you're so strong, I can never say no". Make each "no" a small victory and soon it will get easier. Not always..we all have our weaknesses and we all cave sometimes but everytime you say no and stick to it, you'll feel that much stronger!

If you can try to work some kind of exercise into your day, you'll notice results much faster too! You can lose weight without working out but you'll feel healthier and see results faster if you exercise too! :)

Good luck! I know you can reach your goal!
    Michelle
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone! We all have our issues. After seeing 168# on the scale (which I had not seen in years), I have pretty much watched it creep up over this past year for various reasons. Primarily because I got careless and stopped doing what I know works! Bad habits crept back in over time and we had such a hot summer, I wasn't exercising as much....I know....all excuses.

I just started a 30 Day Elimination Diet today...but will only do 24 of it to get me through Thanksgiving. I would like to get off half of what I have gained by Thanksgiving, and the rest by the end of the year. At least I can end 2010 where it began!

And the "elimination" piece isn't really that drastic: it's really just a whole foods based diet.
  • samantha115
    Options
    You aren't alone! We all have our issues. After seeing 168# on the scale (which I had not seen in years), I have pretty much watched it creep up over this past year for various reasons. Primarily because I got careless and stopped doing what I know works! Bad habits crept back in over time and we had such a hot summer, I wasn't exercising as much....I know....all excuses.

I just started a 30 Day Elimination Diet today...but will only do 24 of it to get me through Thanksgiving. I would like to get off half of what I have gained by Thanksgiving, and the rest by the end of the year. At least I can end 2010 where it began!

And the "elimination" piece isn't really that drastic: it's really just a whole foods based diet.

Where can I find info on this elimination diet? I might only do 24 like you but I would like to think I might possibly be able to do all 30 days. Sounds intresting.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha - I have the basics and the link to the program that I am using on my blog (link below). I've been following the trainer in question for awhile and he is a no nonsense type of guy. I've gotten a couple of great tips and a wonderful workout routine or two from him as well.

http://rminva.wordpress.com/