Too Few Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I need help on how to loose weight properly.

If I could I would go to a nutritionist or a dietician for help but I can not afford it. I can barely afford to be buying all the healthy foods I am currently.

I haven't quit eating meat, it's just not the heart of my meals anymore. When I cook about 3/4's of my plate are veggies and 1/4 is meat. I have protein shakes, dairy, eggs and nuts almost everyday.

I am not looking to be "yelled at". I just simply need help.

I have never done this before, and I need to break the cycle of my weight problems.

Thank you.

You can eat all the things you like, in moderation (make it fit into your calorie goals). Obviously you can eat a whole lot more veggies than you can eat other things, but you don't have to make the majority of what you eat veggies.

Remember that MFP does not include exercise in the target calorie goal so when you exercise, you need to eat more fuel for that. So if MFP gave you 1200 calories and you burned 300 in exercise, your goal would be 1500.

It can take some trial and error to dial in the foods you like in the right amounts. Don't be in a hurry, take it day by day. Take some time to look at the number of calories in the foods you are eating now and the foods you would like to have that you used to eat. Maybe instead of munching on the veggies all day you could add in greek yogurt and a couple of cheese sticks. This would give you some additional calories and protein and fats. I still do "fast food" but instead of getting the whole value meal, I get just the sandwich and a no calorie drink. I like Wendy's chicken sandwich or chili. I don't eat it every day any more like I used to. I still eat pizza, but I have one piece along with a salad, instead of chowing down half (or more) of a pizza. I still eat ice cream often, several times a week.

To break the yo-yo cycle, you need to find a way to eat that you can live with the rest of your life. Something that is sustainable.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Set your diary to public so we can have a look and help :)

I second this, set your diary to public so people can take a look and help.

That low of a calorie intake doesn't seem very healthy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If I am eating all day long do calories really matter.

yes!
  • rushmama5
    rushmama5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    is EAS an Atkins product? are you low carb? Anyway I figured out how to
    change the settings too. Maybe that way you will be encouraged instead of
    discouraged.