Sweets in the Office

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My coworkers (on my team at work) all know what I'm doing. I've been very open and honest and they've been surprisingly supportive. They don't leave treats sitting on my desk and don't mind at all when I pass on things being offered to me.

Just be upfront. Tell them you're actually working on improving your eating habits to shed a few pounds (or 20). Most will be very respectful of that. And heck, more treats for them!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My coworkers (on my team at work) all know what I'm doing. I've been very open and honest and they've been surprisingly supportive. They don't leave treats sitting on my desk and don't mind at all when I pass on things being offered to me.

Just be upfront. Tell them you're actually working on improving your eating habits to shed a few pounds (or 20). Most will be very respectful of that. And heck, more treats for them!

I tend to agree with this way of thinking, especially when it involves very decadent stuff like brownies, birthday cake, etc. With that said, I will usually just work it into my daily calories/macros if I actually like the item a lot. But if I worked in an office where this was a near-daily occurrence, I'd have to take the "sorry I'm watching my intake" route for sure.

With tiny treats like a mini bag of gummis, candy, or tiny size chocolate...I'd probably eat the chocolate, work it into my day, and stuff like packaged hard candy or gummis I would give away to someone else in my life...my mom or a friend's kids, most likely.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Just tell the person you have a gluten allergy and then proceed to drone on about it everytime. Eventually no one will bring you anything. It doesn't even matter if what they bring you has gluten in it or not!
    This is a great one! Because I read that you said you find them on your desk. Kinda hard to say no thank you like that. The person isn't trying to sabatoge you as you said in the past you'd gladly eat them,
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some sugar free treats and leave them on your desk. When they come around just say I just had one of these...