Been dieting for a month now...no results!

Options
2»

Replies

• DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I say, keep doing what you're doing!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You're making progress - this is the point where you need to be proud of yourself for the first 5 pounds gone and move on to the next 5.

What's your body 'shape'? Personally it took me a few months before my pants started being too big. Partially because I first lose in my face/chest and partially because I had been stuffing myself into jeans that honestly were a size too small. Its hard to notice the difference between 'very tight' and 'just right' when I was in denial about them fitting in the first place!

It would be wise to readjust your goal & get a more reasonable calorie intake level. Change to 1.5 pounds per week (750 calorie deficit per day) and aim to eat back some of your exercise calories. OR save the exercise calories (if you don't feel you need them during the week) for the wine & cheese on the weekends.

1-2 pounds a week is the ideal loss rate so you're right on target. No harm with the wine & cheese on the weekends, but log & track it. And perhaps consider making it an occasional thing, rather than every week.
  • ihatemodels
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement you guys! I really needed that encouragement! About the food dairy...I did let MFP determine the calorie intake but I figure it's about what I've been eating anyways...and it's not sad at all! I love my fish soup and curry :) I make 97% of my meals and so I try to find the nearest possible match... Can anyone tell me if it's possible to see the ingredients in these foods in order to pick the closest match? I've just been guessing. Thx again!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement you guys! I really needed that encouragement! About the food dairy...I did let MFP determine the calorie intake but I figure it's about what I've been eating anyways...and it's not sad at all! I love my fish soup and curry :) I make 97% of my meals and so I try to find the nearest possible match... Can anyone tell me if it's possible to see the ingredients in these foods in order to pick the closest match? I've just been guessing. Thx again!

add your own entries so you dont have to guess. Its really easy. The next time you have the same meal, its in your history so it will just pop right up for you to add to your diary.
  • likehemingway
    likehemingway Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I only lost three pounds last month, and I run 3-6 days a week, on top of doing pilates and yoga 4-6 days a week. 5 pounds in one month is great, keep going!
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in a month is excellent work, just be patient and keep at it :) steady weight loss is always the best because you'll keep it off.