Failed! Now to start over tomorrow...

Options
I can't even count how many times I recognized that my food choices on a certain day hurt my desire to be healthy and my goal to a certain weight/size. While it's not good to mull over it and feel like a failure, I think it's really healthy to take that moment and use it as motivation to try again the next day.

And that's what I've done so far! I ate too many sweets yesterday but today is and has been a new day! A new day to get the focus back. It feels so good to make the right choices but have the grace to make mistakes and try better the next day.

I tell myself, "You WILL get to your goal!"

Let's keep trying!!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It is good to evaluate- but bad to rhuminate.

along with that- it's not a failure.

there is no failure- only more data.

People (apparently women are very black and white on this one- although I hate that it's a thing) are very extreme- it's either ALL or nothing- SUCCESS or FAIL.

This process is not about success or fail. It's a journey- and sometimes you sit down and you say I"VE HAD ENOUGH.... I QUIT.

But the reality is - you can only sit on the side of the road for so long- because no one is going to pick you up and keep moving forward... so you eventually get over your tantrum and move on.... so not a failure- just a side step.

So I would highly recommend you banish the "FAILED" word.

Glad to know you had a good day today. more results- more success- more inspiration to do better.
  • emmyemcaty03
    Options
    I think I know how you feel! I always feel this sickening feeling after I eat something and think, Well, that was stupid! A couple of days ago, after doing so good, I decided to eat a Homemade Chocolate nobake cookie. When I logged it into MFP it told me, Good Job, this is high in healthy fats! The next day, I am thinking to myself, that cookie was so good, I should eat one today too. When I went to get one, I'm thinking if I'm cheating then at least I'm eating healthy fats. However when I logged it into MFP, my message I received was "You are nearing your calorie limit!" REALITY CHECK :)
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't up--you've made great progress already. Just pick up dust yourself off, and keep going.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It is good to evaluate- but bad to rhuminate.

along with that- it's not a failure.

there is no failure- only more data.

People (apparently women are very black and white on this one- although I hate that it's a thing) are very extreme- it's either ALL or nothing- SUCCESS or FAIL.

This process is not about success or fail. It's a journey- and sometimes you sit down and you say I"VE HAD ENOUGH.... I QUIT.

But the reality is - you can only sit on the side of the road for so long- because no one is going to pick you up and keep moving forward... so you eventually get over your tantrum and move on.... so not a failure- just a side step.

So I would highly recommend you banish the "FAILED" word.

Glad to know you had a good day today. more results- more success- more inspiration to do better.

THIS.

If I gave up every time I had a "bad day" I would still be "trying". There is no try, only DO, or DO NOT. So you eat a little more than you should.. It's not a "failure" just do better tomorrow. As long as you have more days when you're close to your goal than you have days where you're way over you are doing just fine.

Try to learn from it. .why are you feeling like eating these things. Are you restricting too much? Not eating enough of the filling and nutritious foods?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its only failure if you don't try again. You've got this, OP!