Stairs!!!

:indifferent: Stairs are an enemy of mine. Back in good ole days when I was fit I could run right up them and never lose my breath or even be phased by it... Now 76 pounda over weight I feel like im going to have a heart attack by the time im done.:yawn: Ive made a vow to myself on my new start of a better me NO MORE ELEVATORS! My question to you all out there is how did you do it? if you used stairs as a way to help in your fitness what did you do to make it easier and to keep your self motivated to stick to the stairs? Thanks.:happy:

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Now 76 pounda over weight I feel like im going to have a heart attack by the time im done.:yawn:

That's your body's cue that it's too hard for you right now and you should do fewer flights for a while until your body adapts. Exercise isn't about being dangerous with your health.
    As long as you climb stairs regularly, you should see a pretty rapid increase in your stamina.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    That was me 2 years ago and I did not let anyone tell me I couldn't do it. At 100 lbs overweight, I felt short of breath and sometimes my chest hurt but I took one flight at a time until I built up to 6 flights. I NEVER take the elevator. I am claustro so I always take the stairs. It's great cardio just like parking at the farthest point of a parking lot and walking. All that adds up so keep taking the stairs!!!