Food database question

Options
I make 99.9% of my meals from scratch and so I just try to find the nearest possible match in the database. But I pay really close attention to what I put in my food and every recipe is almost always at least 50% vegetables, no grease or artificial stuff... Can anyone tell me if it's possible to see the ingredients in these foods in order to pick the closest match? I've just been guessing. Thx!

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    If you follow the same recipes exactly time after time, this tool might be helpful to you. http://nutritiondata.self.com/ With a login, you can enter your list of foods & recipes. I haven't figured out how to replicate this kind of detail on MFP. Maybe someone else has.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    If you know what goes in your food, then enter each ingredient you are eating separately. Or, you can enter and use your own recipes.
  • Straitlover1965
    Straitlover1965 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think you'd be better off putting your own recipes in the Recipe Builder. You can't see the ingredients of a product listed in the database AFAIK. Once you get the recipes in once, they will be listed in Recipes Under your Food, so you can just pick them from there to add to your diary.