baby got (less) back

Options
sistrsprkl
sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
This site provides me with a tremendous amount of inspiration so I thought I'd share my progress. This is my 3rd time losing about 50 lbs. Once in my early 20's, then after 2 babies. The first pic was taken Dec 2012 a couple months after my youngest was born. The second pic was taken today. I went from about 200 to around 150 now (I'm 5'8"). Still working on increasing muscle and reducing bf. I do a variety of exercise, now it's running, yoga, and lifting my 30lb kids!

36d47833-603a-4ba7-be01-2a7afe784633_zps01aa485e.jpg
6c254186-32e7-444f-b80d-1b93b1416b4f_zpscfe1ccba.jpg

Replies

• Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job! My second favourite part of the pics are (i) overweight sistrsprkl in front of a stand mixer and (ii) exercise sistsprkl just before showering after a workout. Now that's the way it should be! :wink:
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great job....I see a huge difference! Good for you :)
  • cnl91_W
    cnl91_W Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look incredible. I would kill for my back to be that toned one day, did you get into lifting weights when you were losing?

ETA:
    Brilliant job! My second favourite part of the pics are (i) overweight sistrsprkl in front of a stand mixer and (ii) exercise sistsprkl just before showering after a workout. Now that's the way it should be! :wink:
    This made me :laugh:
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    I still spend a lot of time in front of the mixer! But that's the beauty of the app, right? Everything in moderation.
    I've just started using weight machines. Really, the muscles are from lifting my kids, their gear, double jogging stroller, etc :)
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. Very well done!
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work! This also goes to show how it can be so different from person to person... We have about the same body (e.g. height / weight) but your body is way more fit than mine (working on it, though - starting strength training to go along with my cardio now - which is challenging, but good for me, I know). I look forward to having a back and arms like yours!!! Wonderful work!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    you motivate me!
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great!!!! :-)
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!