Hit a brick wall?!

Options
I've looked around on MFP and haven't found anything similar and as everyone is different I thought I'd ask personally to see what people's opinions are..
I eat 1200 calories a day... And on my bad days it can be up to 1400 but I don't have many of these!
I also exercise everyday, to be precise I lose 400 calories a day on my exercise bike.
I've been on a diet for AGES and for some reason I'm not losing a lot of weight??
I don't weigh myself often because I like to be surprised lol.
But it's been weeks since I last weighed myself and I've only lost 4 lbs.. I thought it would be at least above 5 lbs..
To say my net calorie intake is around 800 (eat 1200 - exercise 400) cals and hardly losing anything is surprising.
I just feel really put off by it and I can't see the cause being "muscle" gain.
I think I've done really well so far losing 46lbs in 81 days but now it's just like what the hell... Any ideas?!!

Replies

• krmthomas
    krmthomas Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. It's possible you've hit the plateau. Another thing is your body may be holding on to fat due to toxins in your body. Have you tried doing a natural cleanse? The human body has two responses to toxins, one is to make mucus to prevent absorption during digestion or it will create fat and store it in it. If you're interested in finding out more check out "hungry for a change", it's on netflix and talks about this specifically.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm really not trying to be mean, but you say you looked on MFP and couldn't find this question. This question is on here ALL the time. The words might be different, but it is the same question. So you are going to get the same answers.

Good luck.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    N/m see you've lost 4lbs. So it seems to be working?

You should probably aim for a less drastic deficit and be patient. 800 cals is not really sufficient to live on.