Question for all the ladies...

Options
I was wondering how your period or pms symptoms have changed since you've begun here...mine has gotten much lighter at least this month...

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    The first two I had were much better. I've never had much in the way of symptoms, but it had improved even still. This last pms has been a lot hards - I've been tired, sore boobs, a bit headachy. So that was unexpected. I'm due anyday so we'll see soon enough how this is going to play out.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Everything is the same except my cramps. They have gotten so much better. I used to have an entire day that I barely wanted to move. I still have to pop the Midol but it is a huge improvement.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did not have any symptoms before, and still do not. It comes, it goes. On with the rest of my days.

Here's hoping it does not change!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Probably a little TMI but hey, you asked for it! :tongue:

Before I would get extremely bad cramps the first 2 days, and the first 3 days were pretty heavy flow. Cramps at times have been bad enough to cause me to throw up from the pain, but normally it just keeps me out of work for a day curled up in a bed sucking down painkillers like they were candy. Typically my period would last 5-6 days. And the PMS was crazy a week beforehand too, very irritible and the slightest things would piss me off.

Now I get the PMS a day or two beforehand instead of a week, and the irritability is much less. I still get fairly bad cramps the first day and a half, but not nearly as bad as they were before... painkillers actually work on the pain now. The heavy flow has been replaced with a moderate flow the first 2 days and then tapers off. Instead of 5-6 days total its moving down to 4-5 days total. (I'm on mine right now, started thursday and by sunday I'm down to very light spotting and today is virtually nothing).

Hope that helps! Again, sorry if its TMI than what you wanted. :laugh:
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    its a proven scientific fact that exercise relieves pms symptoms. thats why since i was 14 i make it a point to keep moving lol
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Mine have become worse pain wise for the first day. They used to be miserable for 3 days, now they are god-awful for one day. The rest of the week is painless in comparison.
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My symptoms have really subsided a lot. I don't have near the bloating and water retention that I once did which I think helps with everything else. It has been just one pleasant side effect of losing weight.