Exercise Headphones

Options

Replies

• cdougherty01
    Options
    Okay I know I can't be the only person on the face of this Earth that simply can't deal with "inner ear" style headphones

Now I've tried all types of gels and insertions for my ears and they all either fall out, or hurt my ears after a short amount of time. Recently I tried some different style "pseudo" ear buds

They are shaped differently with the speakers facing forward rather than towards the inner ear and have the supporting gel to keep them in. They worked "okay" but I couldn't keep them from sliding out enough that I lose a ton of bass / clarity on my sound.

How incredibly frustrating... I don't want to wear my nice Bose headphones because I will sweat and the earpads are made of foam, but can't deal with inner ear style.

Trying to find a solution!

If sound quality matters to you: http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K

They are sometimes down around $10-12 too. They probably sound as good or better than your Bose over ears too, especially if you listen to metal.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Okay I know I can't be the only person on the face of this Earth that simply can't deal with "inner ear" style headphones

Now I've tried all types of gels and insertions for my ears and they all either fall out, or hurt my ears after a short amount of time. Recently I tried some different style "pseudo" ear buds

They are shaped differently with the speakers facing forward rather than towards the inner ear and have the supporting gel to keep them in. They worked "okay" but I couldn't keep them from sliding out enough that I lose a ton of bass / clarity on my sound.

How incredibly frustrating... I don't want to wear my nice Bose headphones because I will sweat and the earpads are made of foam, but can't deal with inner ear style.

If sound quality matters to you: http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K

They are sometimes down around $10-12 too. They probably sound as good or better than your Bose over ears too, especially if you listen to metal.

woah, a bold claim... $15 headphones up against $180 Bose headphones.

idk man, I remain significantly skeptical
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XQLRQY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work very well and are affordable if I lose them. They stay in during all sorts of activities even housecleaning and being upside down
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    See the headband I'm wearing in my profile picture? That's your solution. Put it on over the ear buds and you will get great sound with no slippage.
  • PhishPhan1995
    Options

honestly do some research bose are not that great. I am talking about home audio. Not sure about earbuds or headphones. But if it was me i would buy Klipsch.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I had these same earphones (til the cat chewed through the cord) and agree they are great. Don't have them anymore but have found that the ones that I have the least problems with are the kind that the connector goes behind your head, not over it - they seem to be less likely to make you feel like you are wearing earmuffs (you don't get as hot feeling).
  • wolf39us
    Options

honestly do some research bose are not that great. I am talking about home audio. Not sure about earbuds or headphones. But if it was me i would buy Klipsch.

I have researched headphones one after another over the course of a few months. I've gone to forums (including audiophile sites etc) and have gone store to store to store trying on various headphones and styles.

I'm aware that Bose isn't the best but it certainly is not paired up with $15 headphones either.

There's also a reason I have studio headphones (the Audio Technica's) and that is because the Bose headphones are more light weight and don't take as much drive as my ATH headphones along with being slightly less accurate. The Bose headphones that I have are more for portability with great sound quality, but do not match the studio quality that my home headphones do.

Don't assume that I HAVEN'T done research because I have... a ton of it.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds! They're awesome - it's the only thing that will stay in my ears during long runs and lots of sweat, plus they're comfy!

Which ones? There are so many to choose from and there are several designs, so which design do you use, since they work differently.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    See the headband I'm wearing in my profile picture? That's your solution. Put it on over the ear buds and you will get great sound with no slippage.

^^^This works too, but if you live in TX or down south it may make you a lot hotter than you want
  • kamiept
    kamiept Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the same issue if you figure it out let me know... I have like ten pair that I don't use :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Yurbud Focus Pro running earbuds...they are fully adjustable, including the length and angle of the parts that wrap behind the ear. They don't block out ambient sound so that you stay safe while running. You can still hear cars coming up behind you and things in your vicinity.

I also have a pair of bluetooth earbuds which do block sound for working out in the gym. Having no wire is a huge plus when lifting or doing some of the more vigorous cardio machines.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm aware that Bose isn't the best but it certainly is not paired up with $15 headphones either.

Probably the biggest religious battle in speaker / headphone history is whether Bose sound sucks or doesn't.

Some like it, some don't. A lot of it comes down to how "bright" you like your sound or, even more generally, where you prefer emphasis (highs, mids, lows). Even among self-proclaimed & generally accepted audiophiles there's a lot of personal preference at play.

Personally, I dislike Bose but like Etymotics despite there being some significant similarities in the sound profile. I also love my B&W speakers, but I'll always have a soft-spot for the big, rich sound of my Polk Audios as well.

Some folks folks really like the Koss sound, and they're a much better value if you like their sound profile over Bose. Sony, Klipsch, Shure, and others also provide some good value at the lower end of the price spectrum.

BUT, as much as I enjoy these tangents, let's try to avoid the p___ing wars over whether Bose is any good.

Otherwise, /eatspopcorn.

:drinker:
  • wolf39us
    Options

Probably the biggest religious battle in speaker / headphone history is whether Bose sound sucks or doesn't.

Some like it, some don't. A lot of it comes down to how "bright" you like your sound or, even more generally, where you prefer emphasis (highs, mids, lows). Even among self-proclaimed & generally accepted audiophiles there's a lot of personal preference at play.

The real test for me was purchasing 5 different headphones (cost a lot if you do it at once lol). I got the following;

Bose Oe2 -- $180
    Skullcandy G.I Series -- $69
    Audio Technica ATH M50 -- $180
    Logitech UE 6000 -- $100
    Sennheiser HD 380 -- $150-$200

I tried the Beats headphones in the store and what pieces of fricken junk those things are!

Anyways, I bought two of the above headphones after listening to each of them with the same music, same source and everything.

The ATH M50's crushed every one of the above in terms of accuracy and performance and the Bose had awesome mids and great (emphasized) lows as well as accurate highs.

I would think that a test such as the above wouldn't qualify as "not doing my research"
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Cheap-Tips1.jpg

8756242_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

I have to sympathise, I can't wear iphone ear plugs, all I have to do is think about moving and they fall out.

I use Sony head phones, which go over the top of my head. They have foam covers over them, but I was able to buy a load of replacement foam covers off ebay.

Hope you find what works for you.
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    I would think that a test such as the above wouldn't qualify as "not doing my research"

Ok. :)

I'm not arguing, and I'm glad that you found what you like! I'm just saying we're kind of derailing the conversation. Probably better to spend time enjoying your music than worrying about defending opinions on the interwebs. ;-)
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just started having this issue as well. I ruined my iphone ear buds I think from sweating... So I bought the Sony ones pictured above and I hate those. So In to see if anyone can point us in the right direction...
  • jasonheyd
    Options
  • wolf39us
    Options

Darn... one pair of On-Ears that were rated poorly -- a Beats by Dr. Dre (never wise) and the rest are all inner ear

I was hoping for more on ears or another factor

Thanks for the link though
  • Kristina2k
    Kristina2k Posts: 14
    Options
    I use the LG HB-730 Wireless Headset and LOVE it! It does use in-ear buds but it comes with three bud sizes. I haven't experienced the buds coming loose and I typically wear these to run. There's not much slack on the cords, so the ear buds are relatively stable.

Here's the link AND its cheaper than I paid (about $79 a year ago):

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-HBS-730-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B009L7G8GI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402002414&sr=8-2&keywords=lg+wireless+bluetooth+headset

Agreed with the head band comment. Put that over the ears/buds, should stop your problem regardless of brand you're using.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Interested.