I failed miserably this weekend...but .......

kspeach
kspeach Posts: 179 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Part of the trick to succeeding is giving yourself permission to fail. If you have that permission to fail, and accept that PERFECTION is not required in order to be successful, when you do 'fail' that day, or that weekend, it's not the end of the world.

There will be days that you go over; there will be days that you don't exercise.

There will be days that you are just the crankiest ***** you know. One fail day, (or two or three or five!) does not negate all those SUCCESSFUL days (weeks, months...) that you did so great.

We are HUMAN. The importance is in accepting that failure can be a one time event, and not a lifestyle or reason to give up.

I did. I failed pretty miserably this weekend. But I also learned why. I found some triggers, including not getting enough sleep Friday night, partying a bit too much, and the only way my body knew how to cope and recover was in cravings and I didn't have the will power to get past it. But that's okay.

Today is a new day. And I'm soooo tired at the moment; but you know why? Because I didn't exercise the way I wanted to; I didn't eat the way I wanted and needed to.

And as hard as it is to move around and get motivated, I will.

There hasn't been ONE WORKOUT that I've regretted. There have been times when I DID regret not working out. So I'm off to remedy that.

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Great outlook! We're in this for the rest of our lives. We HAVE to be flexible.

Charmagne
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Thanks for this.... I could have written it myself, but you did it so eloquently! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.