21 Day Fix Nutrition Question

Options
I started the 21 Day Fix on Monday.

I am logging what I eat, just to keep track. I've followed the diet portion, quite easily, since Monday. I actually feel more full eating 6 smaller meals spread out throughout the day and I like the no brain way that the meal plan is set up.

However, I haven't really been consuming as many calories as normal. For example, today I followed the diet and with my workout was way low on calories. I've been in a weight-loss slump lately, so I'm sticking to it!

So my question is: For other 21 day fixers -- what is your daily food menu to help your consume more/enough calories?

I hope that makes sense, I'm tired and about to go to bed. Thank you in advance. :)

Replies

• slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What calorie level are you eating at? I'm eating one up from what the program recommended. I want to ensure I'm eating enough, so that's how I'm doing it. The program book wanted me in the 1200-1499 calorie range, so I'm in the 1500-1799 calorie range. I'm only on day 1 today, though.
  • motherofdragons84
    motherofdragons84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200-1499 range but only netting 859 calories.
  • lippertnd
    lippertnd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in week two of the 21 Day Fix. I agree with you, it is a little difficult to hit my calorie target. Here is a sample day for me just to give you an idea of what I eat.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/lippertnd?from=2014-06-03&to=2014-06-03

I love MFP too much to switch over to the containers completely and not count calories. I love the 21 Day concept, but must be a "numbers" person. I need to know my calories in at the end of the day. I do stick with my 3 greens, 4 reds, 2 yellows, etc. I'm in the 1200-1499 calorie range too.

Do you love the workouts? I really do.
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the kit. Tried it and can't seem to figure it out. I want to continue using MFP but how can I equate the reds and greens to cups and grams? Does anyone know how to log? I like the videos. I thought I needed to recreate the wheel by designing a spreadsheet to track but that proved too much, along with MFP and trying to keep up with the reds, greens and yellows. Perhaps, I am overthinking it. Any suggestions?

PS I probably would lose weight if I used portion control which I why I bought the program. Thanks
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200-1499 range but only netting 859 calories.

You need to net more then that for optimal health. Netting so low is NOT a smart move.