Just signed up and ready to go

Options
I've been looking to lose weight for quite a while, and since I've been taking my college nutrition course I've been able to understand how diet works. I'm hoping to stay on track and progressively get more fit. I'm working on finding a cheep at home work out, but I do eventually wanna get a gym membership and/or join the local karate classes. If you have any cheap and effective workouts I can do in my home, please post them :D I would appreciate it very much.

Replies

• jewahdenny
    Options
    There is a $20 pull up bar that you use in a doorway that you can also use as a push up. Also jump rope and running is good. Best of luck on your journey and welcome to the site.

Denny
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Try workout videos, they're a great way to workout at home! If you'd be interested in Karate classes maybe kick boxing would interest you too, if so Tae Bo videos are great. Otherwise you can go with P90X, Insanity, or any of the many other videos available out there.
    Enjoy!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I've been running outside since I'm freelancing these days. FREE! (There went the full time job, along w/ the gym membership discount!)

I haven't tried this, but heard it was decent. It's a 'Workout Generator'!
    http://www.menshealth.co.uk/fitness/workout-generator
    You might still have to find a park or something w/ chin-up bar, parallel bars but you get the idea!

Good luck! Feel free to add me if you like.

EDIT: If you already belong to Netflix, you can live-stream some workouts!
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    pushups, situps, squats, lunges, running... all free!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I agree...running is FANTASTIC and free...I also have dvr'd some of the shows on DirecTV's FitTV and I bought some 5 lb weights and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video ($20 for all) and that is an awesome workout too!! Good luck, welcome aboard and feel free to add me as a friend!!!