Hiatus from Artificial Sweeteners (Intro / Progress, etc.)

Options
My purpose in this thread is to announce my experiences with dropping artificial sweeteners for an untold amount of time, but at least two weeks from yesterday (06.04.2014). This includes any and ALL artificial sweeteners, period. My last glass of tea sweetened with Stevia was yesterday at 08:40 CST. That was after 3 diet sodas and 3 cups of Splenda-sweetened coffee at work earlier in the day.

Now I have already reached my goal weight - and that WITH diet drinks - so this is not about weight loss results. For those who may not have seen it, my weight loss testimony can be found here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1257158-from-363-4-to-197-7-lbs-my-one-meal-a-day-success-story\

As well as how I managed to drop the weight here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1241325-how-to-do-one-meal-a-day-the-basics

No, this is simply an experiment on how doing so will affect my body. I will update daily or bi-daily with results on how I am feeling. To begin with, I can already say that I am not using the bathroom as much as with artificial sweeteners.

Anyone who cares to is invited and encouraged to share their own experiences with getting rid of diet stuff and how it affected them.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Update: It's been two days. It's not as hard as I thought, although the lack of a nightly caffeine boost is noticeable. Other than that, no changes to report.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Update: Well, two more days down. At this point, I could keep doing it, and will, for the rest of the two weeks. No big changes to report, though.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Ummm, good luck..... I think.

I have no plans to quit my moderate use of artificial sweeteners ( aprox 4 - 5 glasses of Pepsi Max or coke zero per week )
    I drink unsweetened coffee so no need to quit that.

But if it's what you want to do, all power to you :flowerforyou:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Not a bad idea. I'm all for self experimentation.

Good luck mate :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Well, I will probably go back to them, but I did want to try dropping them just to see the results. A person can lose on them just as without them, so by no means should anyone assume I'm suggesting others follow my (temporary) lead.
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm attempting this myself. I am still in the process of losing weight but I decided yesterday to give it a shot. Best of luck to you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear an update from the OP.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition