Weight loss.

Options
I started my weight loss journey this year in January. I started at 207 lbs at 5'4. I weighed myself on the 1st of June and I'm now 166.6lb. I would like to know if anyone else has started out at this weight (166 lbs) and have made it to a lesser weight. Usually every month I lost 8 lbs give or take. This past month I have only lost 4 lbs but I've been doing the same thing. I still haven't made it to my goal and I don't want losing weight to be done at this particular weight. Is it just slower now? Anyway I'm kind of new to actually posting here. If anyone has a similar start, or just people on a weight loss journey feel free to add me. Thanks in advance????.

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It is normal that the closer you get to your goal that the weight will slow down. I had 20lb to get to my goal weight and set my weight loss goal to 1/2 lb a week which means I'm eating closer to the way I will when I'm no longer dieting (which is a good thing as I'm still losing weight but getting to eat more...plus learning what kind of eating I'll do when I reach my goal). I don't know how close you are to your goal but it might be time to look at your weight loss goals and re-evaluate them so they fit better with where you are now. Good luck!
  • desoray08
    desoray08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice. I definitely need to do that. I haven't changed it since when I started. After I lost so much weight I feel like I have starved for hours at a time, an hour after I just ate. I'm about 20lbs shy of my goal.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Perfect advice from mymodernbaby. The less you have to lose, the lower your weekly weight loss goal should be. With 20 # left to lose, 1/2 to 1 pound per week is just right. Once you reset your goal, MFP will give you more daily calories. No need to starve!
  • annesoucy57
    Options
    Hi, did you adjust your calorie needs since you lost all the weight. I reajust every 10 pounds I loose to stay within a calorie deficit.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I started EXACTLY like you but in January of 2013. My starting weight also 207 and in June of that year I was 168. Now June of this year (1.5 years later) and I'm at 140. It slows a lot when you get closer, but as long as the scale and measurements keep going down instead of up, you are good. I did have a few hiccups like plateaus, holiday weight gain, and I also started lifting. Make sure you take your measurements and log accurately.

Edit to add: I also changed my calorie intake throughout. I started at 1200/day. I am now at 1800 and still losing.
  • desoray08
    desoray08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I changed my log and it gives me more calories to eat per day which is so much better with what I was doing before I lost all that weight. I started off at 1260 calories per day now its changed to 1380. I changed my goals. Weekly goal is at 1lb. Still the same goal weight as of right now. Thank you all that responded and helped me throughout this journey of mine!