Is organic filter coffee good or bad? (Caffine)

Options
Guitarjon
Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
A long time ago I went to a health seminar which talked about toxins and how they make it harder to loose weight.

They said that things that a chemically preserved are usually a bad thing and contain a lot of toxins. Basically saying to only eat clean food straight from the ocean or the land. Which to me all made sense. This was accompanied by lots of pictures of the lymphatic system etc.

At that point I stopped drinking coffee as that was one of the food sources they brought to my attention as having a lot of toxins. However, I understand caffine can be a good or a bad thing. Bad as it's a toxin / diuretic. Good because it can raise metabolism.

Now I started taking to caffine tablets (natural ones from H&B) and experiences more sweatyness but more energy. A lot more energy. I didn't like the sweatyness so only took them on workout days for that bit more energy.

I quite like filter coffee so I bought a coffee machine and recently started drinking a black coffee in a morning. Again getting more energy.

So is coffee a good or a bad thing with an aim to loose body fat through weight lifting and a calorie deficit? (I don't have milk or sugar with my coffee)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,010 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee because I enjoy it.......love my cappuccino in the morning. Sorry what was the question. :wink:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee's diuretic effect is practically zero in anyone who has it with any regularity. Black coffee is less than 5 calories per 8oz cup, last I checked, so it could hardly be detrimental to weight loss; at the levels where it interfered, you'd be severely waterlogged and/or caffeine intoxicated. If you enjoy it - and I certainly do - drink it, log it, and make it fit within your budget.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I easily have the calories to spare for a coffee every morning lol.

I just wasn't sure if it has any toxic effect. Sounds gross but my urine smells very strong when I've had a cup of coffee.