retrain your brain, LCHF

Options
has anyone else had trouble making the transition from "Low" "Reduced Fat", low fat diets to Low Carb High Fat...butter, sour cream, half and half, pretty much everything i have avoided for the past decade!!

im missing carbonated drinks. any that are low carb, sugar free w/o artificial sweetners, i know right? :noway:

any tips?

i know its working, just still hard to believe.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much there because of the so many many people in my life with diabetes already doing the low carb thing. But yeah, I often have to "explain" it to myself again.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    How far into the process are you (time wise)?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    If you think it's tough - just wait until the next fad and you have to do it all over again!

I get the diabetes thing - I have it in my family too, but that's no reason to demonize any one kind of food.

Just eat less; eat in moderation; eat a good balance and move more. I promise you'll never have to get used to a new diet again!
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 10. so its still new.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If you think it's tough - just wait until the next fad and you have to do it all over again!

I get the diabetes thing - I have it in my family too, but that's no reason to demonize any one kind of food.

Just eat less; eat in moderation; eat a good balance and move more. I promise you'll never have to get used to a new diet again!

Going low carb isn't demonizing anything. People who eat low carb (like myself) still eat carbs.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Not everyone finds the restriction of calorie counting easy and use other restricted healthy diets, which they find easier and more convenient!

Personally I find it easier to restrict a non essential macro nutrient than having to restrict all of the food I eat.

And believe it or not - the other 7 billion people in this world are not all wired the same as you and some of them have the will power to give up or drastically reduce their intake of nutritionally low and calorie high foods.

But still thanks for your input.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Day 10. so its still new.

It can take a couple of weeks to become fat adapted - it depends on how high your carb intake was before making the switch.

Stick with it.