What purpose does the zipcode search serve?

Tammer81
Tammer81 Posts: 38 Member
And has anyone actually used it to any success? The search filters seem way too broad as to be useful, especially when the smallest possible search radius is 25 miles; even users on the 25th and final page of search results are shown to have logged in within the last 24 hours.

PS Please feel free to add me as your accountabilibuddy, regardless of your zip, area, or country codes.

Replies

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    I've added a few people in my area with some success, esp when narrowed to my age range as well. It's nice to be able to get local opinions sometimes, even if the person lives on the opposite side of the city. On the other hand, I've had people try to add me from my town that I didn't feel safe approving, too. So it goes both ways I guess.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    I didn't know there was a zip code or area code search
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    I don't really use this feature, although I have joined a group of people from the same state, just to discuss local healthy eats, found a team last year for the Dirty Dash, discuss gyms, etc, but as far as support on the website, I don't care where people live :)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Troubled that you seek nearby friends.
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    I did a zip code search and got everyone in the US. That filter doesn't work. .I don't think there's anything wrong with looking for locals. May find a walking buddy or gym buddy.
  • Tammer81
    Tammer81 Posts: 38 Member
    I did a zip code search and got everyone in the US. That filter doesn't work. .I don't think there's anything wrong with looking for locals. May find a walking buddy or gym buddy.

Indeed; Weight Watchers, considered to be the most effective weight-loss program, is based on the concept of local, real-life accountability.
  • i didn't know this existed for quite some time.. just found out recently.. with it you can find local people to bond with as well as meet up and be healthy with..

which i think i would be creeped out if someone from my area added me. lol.

oh and i totally got local people to come up when i tried it.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    I did a zip code search and got everyone in the US. That filter doesn't work.
    Did you change the "Within" dropdown to specify a mile radius?