From walker to runner in 8 weeks

Options
Hi there!
I have a lot of friends that are aspiring to become runners but currently lack a specific routine.
I found this simple plan online and wanted to share it with you.

I have tried this yesterday and it is indeed very demanding when you begin doing it but it should become easier and easier in time. (I hope)

So here's the link:

http://www.fitsugar.com/8-Week-Plan-Go-From-Walking-Running-3252493

I hope it helps you in some way.

Cheers!

Replies

• GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    They also have an app called C25K (couch to 5K) Thats pretty good as well. I have tried it but weigh so much right now that trying to run puts a lot of strain on my knees and ankles... Im placing a goal for myself to lose 10-15 pounds and to then start in on trying to run again. I will for sure be looking into this program as well. I miss the days i could run all i wanted.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been doing couch to 5K. I have the active.com app on my phone, and I love it. I am a big gal, but I just take the running part easier. After all, you want to build endurance and then work on speed training.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Earlier this year a friend of mine was telling me about Red Rock Apps. They have 3 programs depending on your goal. The first one is to just get you going, which is their 3K. They also have a 5K and 10K as well for Android. Unfortunately they have several others for the iPhone, and I am hoping once I get back up to a 10K they will be available.

Hope this helps someone.

http://www.redrockapps.com/apps/3k5k10k
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    I have been doing couch to 5K. I have the active.com app on my phone, and I love it. I am a big gal, but I just take the running part easier. After all, you want to build endurance and then work on speed training.

I envy runners lol. I can get out there and do it and I have the motivation to do it. I've just got to build up that endurance again. I was a basketball player and track runner in school and have had a couple injuries and at the age of 31 i feel like i have the joints of a 80 year old lol.