Loosing weight way to fast.

Options
Hello everyone i am currently 241 lbs and 6 foot 2 im looking to loose 1 lb every week. My recommended calorie intake is 2550 colories before exercise and since im used to eating junk i am having a very hard time reaching this and i have lost 6 pounds in the first three days which is way to much. Any advice ?

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Actually, that's not too much in your first week. When one changes their eating habits and started excersizing, they lose what's called water weight. Your body is adjusting to your new routine. it is very common to lose quite a bit of weight in the first couple weeks. You'll slow down after that and then you'll start posting threads about why your "doing everythign right and not losing anymore". It happens to the best of us. :smile:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lb in my first week too and then 1 lb since. I'm on day 18.

It's water weight in the beginning. It'll slow down.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5.7 lbs in 3 days myself. It's just the water weight. After 1-2 weeks thats when the real weight starts to come off.
  • Tmergen24
    Tmergen24 Posts: 12
    Options
    Sweet that makes me feel alot better thanks guys.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Sweet that makes me feel alot better thanks guys.

No problemo
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above that it's water weight at this stage, but if you're looking for some ideas to boost your calories, the common advice is to try and include some more calorie-dense foods into your diet. Things like nuts, peanut butter, full fat dairy, cheese, protein shakes & bars, avocado, olive oil, etc. can help to pack on the calories without making you eat tons of extra food.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Yup, what everyone else says! I lost 10 pounds in the first 10 days. Annnnnd then I gained 10 pounds after that. Now after 2 months it's coming off steady. But it was so exciting in the beginning and thennnnnn not so exciting.

Hang in there.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    At first, it is normal to lose fast...then it should level up....that being said, if your weight lose is still too fast compared to your calories intake, I would advise you to consult your DR. I remember a Thread where someone was losing too fast and ended almost in a diabetic coma. The fast lost was an indication that there was an undiagnosed problem.

Good luck
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Might want to open up your diary if you want better suggestions (my personal favorite is a nice ribeye steak on the grill).

Otherwise, I'm with the chorus -- for a lot of us the weight drops off quick right at first. If you're not tired, grumpy, or feeling hungry all the time then just roll with it.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I lost almost 10lbs my first week; week two was about 7lbs. Now I am right around 1lb every seven days; trust me when I say that it''ll slow down after the first couple of weeks.

I think the reason for my drastic weight loss in the beginning was water-weight and related to my reduction in sodium intake. Sodium is a ***** if you are a slave to the scale. I ate salty food (as well as copious amounts of alcohol) over the Memorial Day weekend and gained 7lbs. Obviously I didn't gain 7lbs of fat over the course of 3 days and must have been water because 7lbs is like 25,000 calories!!
  • Tmergen24
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Adding to the chorus, the first week you always drop a stack! Just don't let it change your expectations, because it will slow down :) You're doing great!
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    At your age it might come off quicker than someone like me in my 40's. My son loses a lot more than I do with simple changes to his diet. You might lose more quickly than others, but unless you are working out like they do on biggest loser it will slow down. Don't worry too much about it.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 7 since May 23, and 5 of that was in the first three days. It's just what happens when you sitart paying attention.,
  • Tmergen24
    Options
    Would of any of you guys mind taking a look at my diary and telling me what you think. I definately need to ditch the hot sauce.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    LMAO! I am the last person you need to talk to about ditching hot sauce. I put that *kitten* on EVERYTHING! I justify my hot sauce addiction as being okay because I generally don't eat too many sodium laden processed foods. I try to keep sodium below 1500-2000mg due to the fact that I used to have high blood pressure.

As far as your diary goes, it seems that you haven't been hitting your calorie goals for each day and it might not be a bad idea to consider upping your protein. If I were you I would at minimum throw in a protein shake. The sodium overload I wouldn't sweat if you don't have high blood pressure or some other condition that is affected by salt.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    most of it is probably water weight so far. Reevaluate in a couple of weeks.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yeah, is hot sauce bad? I like it!
  • Tmergen24
    Options
    Thanks nesto610
  • Tmergen24
    Options
    Not to bad just lots if sodium