2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1) they are not filling at all
    2) they don't teach you to eat properly
    3) two shakes plus a 'healthy dinner' = way too few calories

Shakes are fine as part of a healthy diet, but what you're suggesting is not healthy. A shake a day is fine though, just make sure you're eating enough calories overall.
  • chiveny
    chiveny Posts: 1
    Options
    I wasn't, and I'm not a fan of meal replacements. But, I had weight to loose, I didn't have time, and even though I swim everyday, and go to the gym, and work hard on my body, I wasn't seeing enough changes. So I decided to start one quite controversial, but it has work wonders. My dad also, has lost 36 lbs in 3 months. However, meal replacements are not magic pills, or magic shakes. You have to put the best you have to learn to eat the correct portions, and exercise correctly.

So, if you decide to take meal replacements, go ahead, enjoy, and learn! Good luck!
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I drink one for breakfast every morning. Takes me about 5 minutes to prepare. It's usually between 140 and 300 calories depending on what I choose to add. I know that no matter what I chose for breakfast, if it was in the same calorie range, I'd still lose around the same amt of weight, but this is quick and easy and keeps me full so it works for right now.
  • gclauson
    gclauson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with a Blender bottle its not too bad. I shake it for probably a full minute. I think it tastes fantastic. Gonna try vanilla next. the 300 calories leaves me full for a few hours.