Nutella!

Options
Awhile back I noticed that the first ingredient of Nutella was sugar. Ever since then, I've been looking for a Hazelnut butter that actually has Hazelnuts as it's primary ingredient... Yesterday, I finally found the magical bottle of awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is, people, the answer to your dreams...ok, my dreams, but really, you've gotta make the switch!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTIN'S CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BUTTER BLEND All-Natural
INGREDIENTS: Dry Roasted Hazelnuts (YAY!), Dry Roasted Almonds, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa, Organic Cocoa Butter, Palm Fruit Oil (sustainably sourced), Vanilla, Sea Salt
SUGAR = 8g

NUTELLA
INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, PALM OIL, HAZELNUTS, COCOA, SKIM MILK, REDUCED MINERALS WHEY (MILK), LECITHIN AS EMULSIFIER (SOY), VANILLIN: AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.
SUGAR = 20g

SERIOUSLY, people!

Toss the 'not'-ever-again-ella and go get yourself some of this Justin's goodness. It tastes amazing... And what the heck is Vanillin anyways? Sounds like a villain..

:)

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Will look for it.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ummm, so much YES. I actually just bought some yesterday in the little 80 calorie packets because I can't trust myself with a whole jar. haha ^^ I would probably devour it all, nothing better than some hazelnuts! :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome. I'll be looking too. Where did you find it?
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I found it in the organic/natural section of my local Kroger but I'm sure it can be found online as well! Justin's Maple Almond Butter is also amazing and only 3g of sugar :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Will look for it.

It's on Amazon!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Omg - I just placed my first order at iherb because of this :love:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Thank you !! I have been on the lookout for the same thing.

And BTW:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vanillin
    van·il·lin
    noun \ˈva-nə-lən\
    : a crystalline phenolic aldehyde C8H8O3 that is extracted from vanilla beans or prepared synthetically and is used especially in flavoring and in perfumery
  • lisavgagne
    lisavgagne Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll vouch for Justin's too and like the other poster, I buy in the little packets as I trust myself to not sneak "just one more taste" when it 's prepackaged like that.

Nutella really is yummy though. Like a nice jar of icing.......
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....nope...been eating Nutella for over 4 decades now...with a spoon... Never been fat, either.... It will stay my favorite treat, regardless... In moderation, of course..
    Thanks for sharing, though... I've got the little packages of Justin's in my car for emergencies.... :happy:
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'll look for it when I'm at the store next time.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Hahaha....nope...been eating Nutella for over 4 decades now...with a spoon... Never been fat, either.... It will stay my favorite treat, regardless... In moderation, of course..
    Thanks for sharing, though... I've got the little packages of Justin's in my car for emergencies.... :happy:
    I love that - Justin case :laugh:
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just had a serving with a serving of low-fat graham crackers. Good stuff.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    My shipment arrived today... I've just had a spoonful of Justin's All Natural Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Blend now...! It's very very nice! It does taste natural, it's not as smooth as the spread I'm used to (Nugatti), but it has a small hint of salt that really goes well with the sweet flavor.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I love the Justin's version. I think Nutella tastes like cheap Duncan Hines chocolate frosting in a can with a hint of hazelnuts.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    oooooh yes please ! Thanks for the tip ! I've gotten Justin's before, but not that particular one.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    omg thank you for this! I could eat a jar of nutella with a spoon... and I did on my honeymoon actually. So bad though!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Does it have little bits in it? It's what I saw online... Nervous about it because I don't want things to get stuck in my teeth right now.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Also if anyone is looking for a DIY project, this recipe looks really great - http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/diyboston/2013/03/easy_homemade_nutella_from_americas_test_
    kitchens_diy_cookbook.html

**edited for idfk how to insert a link
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am a Nutella snob. I have bought other versions before (not yours listed) and have been sorely disappointed.

th?id=HN.608028607488396405&pid=15.1
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    ummm, so much YES. I actually just bought some yesterday in the little 80 calorie packets because I can't trust myself with a whole jar. haha ^^ I would probably devour it all, nothing better than some hazelnuts! :drinker:

THIS! I can't be trusted around a jar of any sort of PB, Cashew, Almond, Hazelnut, Cookie butter business........EVER :P