Slow and steady progress?

Options
Tell me yours!

I'm so hungry :( Think I may go to bed soon to take my mind off of it. I've kept under my calories but something tells me I won't have lost anything. Weighing myself tomorrow but dreading looking at the scales.

I know I don't want to lose it quickly. I want it to come off and stay off but not seeing any change doesn't exactly help with the motivation!

Replies

• crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did you take your measurements? When I wasn't seeing any results, the measurements made it all worth it, because it was changing.

Its a process, it takes time. If you lose to quickly, you'll gain back so stay steady. Also, if you're working out you can shake that up a bit once a week or so, it gives you an extra boost.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way for a while and will if I don't drink enough water:drinker: ....I thought their is no way that could make that big of a difference. But it does....drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day and you will be so full! Good luck
  • meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes, but I remind myself that I didn't get fat overnight and I won't lose the weight overnight! I just finished two weeks on MFP and I feel so much better about myself, knowing that I am making positive lifestyle changes. Good luck and hang in there!
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I definitely need to drink more water but if I'm very hungry it makes me feel quite sick.

I have measurements for a while ago. I've also bought a new bra which fits but is tight so I might try to use this as a gauge. I don't feel bigger or smaller but know I have dropped some from my heaviest weight. I just need to remind myself that in order for it to work it will take some time. I can't just magic it away, it's not dieting it's trying to improve eating habits and make it a permanent change.

Hope this is ok to post. I know I'm slouching in the first photo but there is approx 1/2 a stone difference in these photos. I don't know if I'm just imagining it.

August 2009
    6452_126456747326_633522326_2982045_2751623_n.jpg

September 2010
    58639_433376462326_633522326_5720012_7533181_n.jpg
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You just started! Give yourself some time. Increase protein and fiber to make you full! This is a high protein list - at the bottom you can search for High fiber foods also.

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrition/high-protein-foods.html

I did not lose for the first two weeks - then lost 4 lbs. the third. Hang in there - you can do this!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    There are no over night results. Only hard work and dedication over a long period of time. Remember that whatever you are doing to loose weight, you have to be able to do for the rest of your life or it will all be gained back.
  • xrockinrobyn
    Options
    Thank you :)

I just declined a bit of toast from the OH, despite him having some.
  • RodgerBuckley
    RodgerBuckley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water - that will help to give you that 'full' feeling and helps with the hunger pangs. I drink water now with every meal, including breakfast, and I don't feel hungry. In fact, I think I eat out of habit rather than need!

I've only just started my new regime a week ago, so I'm still at the stage where I feel too fat and look too round, but I'll get there because I'm determined. You need to stay positive, and keep going. Even if you lose no weight, you'll still feel better if you're doing the exercise as well, but if you stick to the calories and exercise, the weight WILL come off.

I don't know if my new routine will work yet, but I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see what progress I make, but the way I'm working this is that I eat what I normally eat, drink more water than I normally drink, and then I exercise according to what calories I've eaten :D It's probably the wrong way to go about it, but I find that I exercise better later at night, and it also helps me to get rid of that bloated feeling before I go to bed.

Stick with it girl - you've set yourself a target, so just go for it and don't worry about the ups and downs along the way - there's a lot of people on here who will be happy to support you ;0)
  • xrockinrobyn
    Options
    Thank you!

I don't ever feel bloated (Unless I stuff myself but I'm slowly getting the hang of reducing my portion sizes in the first place and stopping before I'm 100% full). I currently cycle to uni/work daily (except tuesday) and then work three days a week. I'm going to see how this goes (because this is my general activity really) and if need be, bump it up if it's not having much effect.

I'm off to get a glass of water!
  • xrockinrobyn
    Options
    A little update.

I was weighed at the doctors (so in clothes) as 179lbs. I weighed myself on the wii fit (with clothes as 'light') and got the same result. Today I weighed myself as if no clothes and came in as having lost 2lb but it now says I'm 12st 7lbs!

I'm not sure whether I've lost 2lb or 4lb, either way I'm a very happy bunny!