Serious Question - No really

CoolDad67
CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
I have a serious question and wasn't sure if the Exercise board was the proper place to ask; so, I'll just ask on the general chit-chat board. I've seen some discussion on similar topics here anyway, even if they were in fun.

In your opinion, what is a good option for workout undergarments?

When I do a lot of cardio on the arc trainer, elliptical, bike, and/or treadmills, my normal underwear (briefs) sometimes causes unwanted chafing.

I typically wear basketball shorts and a tee shirt; but need suggestions on other options for underneath that may help. I want to keep the boys in check; but avoid the discomfort and chafing.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Try body glide.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    I typically go with boxer briefs. I hate normal briefs however. But more support then boxers. Some people love compression shorts under to keep the boys in check.

To bad you can not go into store and try on underwear before buying like other clothes.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Since we differ in gender, I haven't an answer.
    I'll give this a bump. :)
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Astroglide.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Boxer briefs. Or shorts with a built in insert.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Baseball compression shorts?
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Astroglide.

rrhvno.gif
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    You need to find some seamless moisture wicking undergarments.

Under Armor makes them as do a lot of other companies. They will most likely be compression style and have longer length legs.

My son prefers this style and also likes to wear them under his board shorts during water activity.

Cotton is the WORST as it holds onto the dampness and causes the material to stick and rub.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Compression undershorts (either running, boxing or rugby). Keeps the boys from getting too slappy happy.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I typically go with boxer briefs. I hate normal briefs however. But more support then boxers. Some people love compression shorts under to keep the boys in check.

To bad you can not go into store and try on underwear before buying like other clothes.

My husband does. He's a ninja when it comes to opening those plastic packaging and resealing it to look like it wasn't opened. :-D
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member

My husband does. He's a ninja when it comes to opening those plastic packaging and resealing it to look like it wasn't opened. :-D

Ewwwwwwwww.........:noway:
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'll be looking at these very soon.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member

Thanks, just thanks 8-(