Anyone else not weighing themselves?

Options
I'm not using my bathroom scale to track my progress. I'm using the fit of my clothes, my tape measure, and my body fat analyzer to track. My goal isn't to lose weight, my goal is to lose fat.

So far, I've had a lot of success...down a pants size, several inches (except I've gained a booty and rad sexy thighs with all the running I'm doing), and lost quite a few fat % points.

Only one more pants size to go and I'll be back into my size 6's.

Is there anyone else who has thrown away the scale?

Replies

• fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in occasionally because I am lifting and the scale will say the opposite of my clothes and measurements. I beilieve in inches and body fat percentage an the scale as the final tool to assess progress. :)

I also don't have much weight to lose at this point so toning is the name of the game.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am a data geek so I weigh, measure, gestimate bf% and pay attention to the fit of my clothes. That's just me though, I don't get emotional about it and it is purely for knowledge for me. I would not recommend what I do for anyone with emotional issues with weight or food.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    What is a 'body fat analyzer'?
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here's the BFA I've got:

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-306C-BodyLogic-Monitor-MyoTape/dp/B0037AXFVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401994771&sr=8-1&keywords=body+fat+analyzer+handheld

It was an impulse buy about 2 years ago when I was losing the bulk of my weight (90 pounds). And I'm so glad I bought it because I plateaued for about 2.5 months and nothing I did would make the scale budge. But my body fat % kept going down and my inches kept coming off.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm also going by clothing fit and measuring. I hate scales.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    What is a 'body fat analyzer'?

Most likely bioelectrical impedance (BEI) it is technology in some scales or at gyms. Its not very accurate, and can very due to humidity, hydration and other things but if you always use the same one in the same circumstance then you can see if you are losing or gaining bf
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the whole 30, so not weighing myself until July 3rd :)
  • TechLady11412
    TechLady11412 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing. I don't even own a scale. I'm using the tape measure, my old clothes and the Accumeasure bodyfat calipers. (I havent' been counting calories either, but i still like perusing the MFP forums). I stick to the store perimeter and only go into the aisles for good oils and seasonings. I eat full fat yogurt and real butter. I weight train heavy 3x a week, sprint and run 3x a week. I started at a size 16 in April and as of today I have room in my size 12's. I'm glad I found something that is sustainable for me.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ME! The scale was driving me insane, and I would let the number dictate my day. I try on some "key pieces" of clothing a few times a week, since I'm in maintenance anyway, and my clothes don't lie! I no longer fear drinking a bunch of water before I go to bed, or avoiding eating a huge amount of veggies, or whatever, late at night. It is so freeing!!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Nah I weigh daily. I like my data, it is useful for keeping track of my TDEE.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily - right after my shower in the morning. Helps me with motivation and its interesting to see how the number fluctuates during the week and perhaps see correlations to behaviour or food. I have at least four pairs of pants that are labelled as 34" - but all of them fit differently. Annnnd if I measure my waist, it's 38 - go figure. And no, none of the pairs of pants are tight.

Also I've noticed when I do lose (loose? hahahahaha :laugh: :wink: ) weight, it tends to go 2lbs at a time.