Eating out of a gallon bag??

Options
dwh77tx
dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
I am flying during lunch tomorrow,and I really want to take my lunch (chicken, veggies, egg whites) in a gallon zip lock bag and eat out of it on the plane. Then I can just toss it. Am I going to get weird looks, or should I just not care!?

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    are you sure you can get it through the security check point? Maybe just eat before heading the the airport?
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I am flying during lunch tomorrow,and I really want to take my lunch (chicken, veggies, egg whites) in a gallon zip lock bag and eat out of it on the plane. Then I can just toss it. Am I going to get weird looks, or should I just not care!?
    Well dont they still have restrictions on the sizes of baggies/liquid containers you can take onto planes?
    If so, they make confiscate it!
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It should be fine as long as it's not strapped to your head.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    if it's liquid and over 3 oz, they may give you a hard time

other than that I would say- Who gives a rip what others think

do you!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I always pack a lunch and/or snacks when I travel and have never had a problem with security. The only thing that security gave me problems with was a jar of peanut butter because it was over 3 ounces...even though there was less than 3 ounces of peanut butter left. I have taken tuna, bagged veggies, peanut butter sandwiches, bars. Heck, one flight I sat next to a guy that was making his own sandwich with stuff he brought. You may get weird looks but does it really matter?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to silently dump a can of Campbell's Chunky into the barf bag, wait a little bit, act like I'm puking into said bag, then proceed to eat it.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to silently dump a can of Campbell's Chunky into the barf bag, wait a little bit, act like I'm puking into said bag, then proceed to eat it.

Fantastic.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This is an awesomely disgusting idea. Share pictures if you ever do!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Kyle Kinane: Pancakes on a Plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUeKme8uJQ
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can bring whatever you can carry through the security checkpoint )) Just try to be nice to others in regards to the smells (tuna, eggs, cabbage... ) I bring protein bars. I still have some in my bag that went to Mexico with me, melted there, and came back to NYC (reshaped now!))) Disgusting )) I brought too many bars just in case there is nothing to eat in Mexico but tacos))))
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just don't be "that guy" on the flight with the super stinky food.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You should totally do that!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Kyle Kinane: Pancakes on a Plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUeKme8uJQ

I was just going to put this on here.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I always fly with food in baggies, usually quart size bags of nuts, carrots, bits of chocolate, dry cereal, etc, but I don't see any reason why a big bag of food would be any problem. I just don't fly with food that would need refrigeration. Bacteria builds up quickly. I don't want to risk that.