Where is everyone from?

Options

Replies

• agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Eastern Mass near the NH boarder but did 5 years in The Rocket City...Huntsville, Alabama in the early 90s.

Leaving me with a very interesting accent. (Y'all come to the house for pizzer, we will have a wicked time.)

I'm from SC and regularly use "y'all", despite my best efforts! Meanwhile, my boyfriend is a NH native. Basically, what you wrote just cracked me up!!! LOVE IT! I went with him to meet his family for the first time and while in the Manchester airport saw a stand for "Wicked Whoopies". Thought it was hysterical! (never ever heard of whoopie pies until that trip!)
  • SkierElle
    Options
    im from california, but who cares about that because now I live in windy sunny Colorado!! getting ready to ski on the fake november snow next week :)

glad there's so many people from all over! I'm mostlikely going to grad school in Europe (hopefully Sweden) next year!
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    San Francisco, Ca... Home of the SF Giants, WINNERS OF THE 2010 WORLD SERIES!!! Wooohooo!!! :wink: lol
  • 85specialk
    Options
    Norway! But currently living in Perth, Australia.
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm a native Texan. . .raised in Dallas and now living in College Station (about 90 miles north of Houston.
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    British Columbia Canada... Mile 0 on the Alaska Highway.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Newfoundland, Canada
  • Irishmommy79
    Options
    Born n raised in Ireland~ Now in florida
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad to see all the Canadians write “________, Canada” ; I didn’t, I just wrote Toronto.

If I have to be familiar with all 50 states, naming a province (if necessary i.e. if you are from Thunder Bay or something small or more isolated like that) should be fine for everyone else on MFP since none of the Americans wrote "Columbus, USA" for example.

Oh well, thats our tiny 33 million person nation I suppose, same population as England I believe but with 6x (or so, not sure of exact stats) the space, mmmm roomy! ;)
  • MrsDRS54
    MrsDRS54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mexico, New York
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Rock Island, IL - born here, raised here, but moved several times over the years and have found myself back here - really not sure why, though.

Vickie
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    Im a Jersey Girl at heart, but halfway thru life parents moved to Central Virginia and I married me a mountain boy from West Virginia, which is where i am currently :)
  • staceybug13
    Options
    I'm from Cali too... Central Coast. GIANTS!!!!! Did you go to the parade?
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Montana
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad to see all the Canadians write “________, Canada” ; I didn’t, I just wrote Toronto.

If I have to be familiar with all 50 states, naming a province (if necessary i.e. if you are from Thunder Bay or something small or more isolated like that) should be fine for everyone else on MFP since none of the Americans wrote "Columbus, USA" for example.

Oh well, thats our tiny 33 million person nation I suppose, same population as England I believe but with 6x (or so, not sure of exact stats) the space, mmmm roomy! ;)

I noticed that to, I have no idea where half these places are, but assume they are in the US as everyone who ISN'T from there puts the Country (I know about Toronto as my Husband is from there!!)

But your facts are a bit wrong

England accounts for more than 83% of the UK's population. The population of England is 51.1 million and of the United Kingdom is 61 million. Canada is over 40 times larger and yet we cram almost twice as many people into that area! No wonder your houses are so cheap!!

I am from Carisbrooke, on the Isle of Wight (a small island close to the south coast of England)
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Originally from Newfoundland, currently living in New Brunswick. I have lived Nova Scotia, Ontario and British Columbia. A military wife with lots of moves under my belt. Loving New Brunswick and this is where we will retire. At least for the summer months. lol
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    Born in CA

Have lived in NY, LA, MO, KY, PA, TN

Currently living in DC
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Born in CA

Have lived in NY, LA, MO, KY, PA, TN

Currently living in DC

lol I assume these are all in America? I have no idea but guess NY is New York? And LA is Los Angeles? as to the others..please explain :flowerforyou:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'd bet many Americans (and I'd venture to say most) can't name all 50 states, let alone the 13 provinces and territories of Canada ;) I can only remember 10 total.

I think most people would know, say, New Brunswick for example, as a Canadian province, though, even if they couldn't locate it specifically. But some would might guess it as being in England or something.

As per the US users typically not posting their country, It seems that on this board we're most prominent, and I think that Americans assume we are on any board. Usually we are, too, I think.

Lastly ...

CA - California
    NY - New York
    LA - Louisiana (potentially it could be LA, but given that she only listed the states of residence in the other instance, it makes sense to follow the trend)
    MO - Missouri
    KY - Kentucky
    PA - Pennsylvania
    TN - Tennessee
    DC - District of Columbia (but you probably knew that one already, too, haha)
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    Arizona