keeping on track with PMS

Options
So all you ladies out there...
When I have PMS and am on my period, its almost impossible for me to stay on track. I'm really tired so I don't want to exercise and the only thing that sounds good to eat is red meat and chocolate! Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you beat it?

Replies

• Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well, I am struggling with the weight gain and bloating associated with PMS. I tend to gain two to three pounds, which I have trouble losing (so, if this keeps going, I'll gain back all of my weight in a matter of 3 months!).
    Exercise is great when you are having PMS or T.O.M. because it helps to alleviate cramping. I try very hard to walk every day that I am having my period, to help with the cramping and the crankiness!
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. In the week before my period, especially the few days right before it starts, I just want to eat and eat! I crave all the bad things - chocolate, salty chips, cola. I do end up caving sometimes and eating a lot more than I should, but I just remind myself that it's not really my fault and I'll try better next time.
    Working out is also hard during that time, especially because I get bad cramps (even with taking birth control to help), and I just don't want to do anything. I try to at least get on the stationary bike, because a little exercise can help cramps, and if you are just going to be sitting around watching TV and moaning, you might as well be pedalling while you do it!
    You are not alone. Just keep trying hard to overcome the cravings and maybe go for a walk or do some light exercise. It really will help.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    ::raising my hand::

My TOM weakness is chocolate - so I've made it my goal to shun it this week.

I also don't feel like doing my workout. What I've done is log my workout for the day already so that I HAVE TO get it done.

eta: i'm mega snacky, too. i've just made myself log everything - regardless.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im horrible during the "time". Just found a "snack food" at Walmart today. Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps. They are up by the Deli. It has the crunch of a chip and SALT!!!!! Thats my down fall. I got Garlic Parmesan and for 10 Crisps its 110 calories.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Salt makes it worse because it makes your body retain more water to balance it off. I gain a few pounds during that time of the month - right now it only shows Ive lost 1 pound because of that. So sad :( Its water weight so it should go away, unless you're not working off the 'guilty pleasures' that you eat during PMS..
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Exercise releases endorphins. Even if you don't want to work out, go to the gym and just walk and listen to music. You'll feel better and you'll want to eat better...