Lost.

Options
Hi guys,
My name is Stephie and I am about 10 kilos over weight.
I find it really hard to stick to a routine or to eat healthy. I go from one extreme to the other, either I don't eat, or I eat too much, or I excercise like hell and then burn myself out.

I need to lose about 12 kilos for a wedding coming up in about four months. I am meeting my partners family and it is a formal affair and I really want to look good.

I just, i need help. I don't know how to do this and how to lose this weight without being silly.

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You're 10 kilos overweight but you want to lose 12 kilos in four months?

Sustainable change comes from learning how to balance exercise, diet, and life. You said yourself that you go from one extreme to the other. Take small steps by setting a reasonable calorie deficit, moving more, and sticking with it.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    This thread really helped me (and many others like me)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?

It's going to take time and patience, but if you're consistent enough, you'll see progress.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    You're 10 kilos overweight but you want to lose 12 kilos in four months?

Sustainable change comes from learning how to balance exercise, diet, and life. You said yourself that you go from one extreme to the other. Take small steps by setting a reasonable calorie deficit, moving more, and sticking with it.

Lies and propaganda.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do this and how to lose this weight without being silly.

trying to lose 6 lbs per month, when you're only 10kg overweight *is* silly. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's really unrealistic, and if you achieve it, it won't be through healthy methods.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Since your stated problem is "extremes" why don't you sit down, draw a calendar and map out days you plan to workout and days you plan to rest.

Use this app to find an average calories that seems legit for your size and goals. Then put that calendar on your fridge and write in OTHER activities for rest days, like foam roller or stretching so you can "feel" like you are doing something even on rest days. I think the problem most people have who go too nuts on the exercise is feeling like they should be "doing something" all the time. Like a desperation or impatience takes over and next thing you know burnouts. Maybe "actively" resting would help. PLAN something resty for those days you should be resting.

Then forget about the 10 or 12 kilo's confusion you just stated, just get to wherever you can safely get in the time allotted. It will be an improvement on now especially if you have that much time out.