Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 23

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
So yesterday was crappy, eating wise.... went into it feeling happy, it was a nice day, had a good day at work, but in the evening the eating plan fell apart. Here is how it all went down.

Breakfast:
1 cup kasha
1 cup skim milk
1 banana

Snack:
1 yogurt
22 almonds
Mini carrots

Lunch:
1 cup w/w pasta
1 Italian sausage
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tossed salad with tomatoes, cukes and homemade olive oil dressing

Snack:
1 apple sauce
1 cheese stick
1 chocolate truffle
1 cup tea with splenda

Supper:
Big bacon classic combo from wendy’s

Snack:
1 pizza sub
1 small bag of chips

So all in all a crappy day. i didn't even go for the walk like i had planned. I’m not going to get too upset about it, because that would just make it worse for me... i’m almost out of groceries, but here is the plan for today:

Breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1 80cal cheese stick
20 almonds

Snack:
Mini carrots
1 80cal cheese stick
1 apple sauce

Lunch:
2 cups of greek/orzo salad

Snack:
Mini carrots
Almonds
Cucumber slices

Supper:
Steak dinner (the steak is in the fridge and will go bad if i don’t eat it.)

I think i might try it with roasted potatoes and broccoli instead tonight... i might miss my mushroom sauce, but i bet it will be just as yummy.

I’m feeling pretty happy today, despite being back at day zero of no bingeing...i’m not sad, so i know that is not why i binged last night... maybe because i was in a good mood? I have no clue... i think i have big fat magnets around my waist that just pull me into bad places. It’s frustrating.

Mini goals for today:
NOT TO BINGE. For heavens sake. It really can’t be this hard.
To go for a 30 minute walk after work
To do some research on clean eating (which i have tried before and i liked it, but i ultimately started eating crap again)
Not let people’s negative attitudes bring me down
Start writing my piece on compulsive overeating for the CBC literary awards (I’m a writer, so this is a good way for me to get exposure and also an outlet for some of my emotions)

Here is to today, good luck!~

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    So yesterday was crappy, eating wise.... went into it feeling happy, it was a nice day, had a good day at work, but in the evening the eating plan fell apart. Here is how it all went down.

Breakfast:
    1 cup kasha
    1 cup skim milk
    1 banana

Snack:
    1 yogurt
    22 almonds
    Mini carrots

Lunch:
    1 cup w/w pasta
    1 Italian sausage
    1 cup tomato sauce
    1 tossed salad with tomatoes, cukes and homemade olive oil dressing

Snack:
    1 apple sauce
    1 cheese stick
    1 chocolate truffle
    1 cup tea with splenda

Supper:
    Big bacon classic combo from wendy’s

Snack:
    1 pizza sub
    1 small bag of chips

So all in all a crappy day. i didn't even go for the walk like i had planned. I’m not going to get too upset about it, because that would just make it worse for me... i’m almost out of groceries, but here is the plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 80cal cheese stick
    20 almonds

Snack:
    Mini carrots
    1 80cal cheese stick
    1 apple sauce

Lunch:
    2 cups of greek/orzo salad

Snack:
    Mini carrots
    Almonds
    Cucumber slices

Supper:
    Steak dinner (the steak is in the fridge and will go bad if i don’t eat it.)

I think i might try it with roasted potatoes and broccoli instead tonight... i might miss my mushroom sauce, but i bet it will be just as yummy.

I’m feeling pretty happy today, despite being back at day zero of no bingeing...i’m not sad, so i know that is not why i binged last night... maybe because i was in a good mood? I have no clue... i think i have big fat magnets around my waist that just pull me into bad places. It’s frustrating.

Mini goals for today:
    NOT TO BINGE. For heavens sake. It really can’t be this hard.
    To go for a 30 minute walk after work
    To do some research on clean eating (which i have tried before and i liked it, but i ultimately started eating crap again)
    Not let people’s negative attitudes bring me down
    Start writing my piece on compulsive overeating for the CBC literary awards (I’m a writer, so this is a good way for me to get exposure and also an outlet for some of my emotions)

Here is to today, good luck!~
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    I could never link my binging to any mood problem, either. I'd eat everything in sight no matter what kind of mood I was in. Now that I've been on MFP, I just notice that I'm more conscious of what goes into my mouth. Like yesterday, I wasn't feeling well and someone on here suggested some ginger ale. That thought scared the crap out of me. I have been drinking nothing but water. I've noticed that it seems when I drink soda (diet or regular), I end up binging. But since I had that in my mind, I just sipped at the ginger ale and ended up only drinking about 1/4 cup. It was just enough to make me feel better. Processed foods scare me, too. They are the enemy and I have to watch out for them very carefully. Keep with it. We're all here for you.

:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    From reading your diary, I've noticed you have very high high's & very low low's, have you ever been treated for bi-polar disorder? You may suffer from a chemical imbalance.

:flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    Options
    i'm looking into some medical treatments, such as therapy etc. so homefully that will help. my family does have a history of mental illness, manic dperession, bipolar and schitzophrenia etc. so i would not be at all suprised if i was afflicted with one of those.