Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ugh I can't do it!

What is wrong with me ?

I only work 3 days a week,
Mon-Tues-Wed, I do 3 10 hour shifts (7:30-5:30). On those days I am able to wake up, go for a quick jog, juice my favorite concoction, pack a healthy lunch, some healthy snacks....
Thursday-Comes
It's my loneliness day of the week.... I am not married and all my friends work mon-fri 9-5....
I get so lonely and depressed.
I only am 5 minutes to Newport Beach/Balboa and I tell myself I should run on the beach, maybe pier to pier,,,., but I don't..... For some reason these days are long and lonely and I feel defeated.
I don't know if it's because I just stay home all day and I don't have a lot of adult interaction,but these days I get so tired, so exhaustive, my diet fails and all of a sudden I am perfecting my banana bread with Nutella swirl.....or coming up with a new dessert.

Nothing is stopping me....
I live 5 minutes to the beach, why can't I make myself run along the beach, or ride my bike on pch? I don't know if it's because I am lonely or if it's because I am not motivated as I am on my work days..... What is wrong with me?!

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Find something to do on your off days? Like volunteering ? Obviously you do bored eating so you need to keep busy
  • RaeKM
    RaeKM Posts: 8 Member
    You can do it. I agree with the responder above that you should join some kind of public group or volunteer organization. I would be willing to bet that if you consult the internets they will tell you of an all-level running or fitness group in your area.

At some point we all have to put the excuses behind us and take control. You can do it.