Body Shape Question! What Shapr Are You?

Options
When I started my weight loss journey I did what I thought was best: eat healthy, portioned meals and workout which worked! However, 5 months in a 26 pounds later my body had undergone a lot of changes and had become noticeably healthier. I am having trouble, though, due to plateauing. My body has grown so accustom to working out and a healthy diet that I'm not shedding pounds like I used to. I looked up ways to diversify my workout to invoke some change and I read that body shape (ie: pear, apple, banana, etc.) can have workouts that are more effective for that particular body shape. The trouble came when finding out what my shape was...I went from banana to pear to hourglass and ended up with apple! I'm not sure what I actually am. Knowing your body shape is helpful for buying flattering clothing, effective workouts, etc. I'm not sure what to do!

My measurements are
Bust: 32
Waist:25
Hips:34

If anyone knows it would be a great help!

Replies

• Ideal362433
    Options
    You sound like a rectangle some would say pear because your hips are 9 inches wider than your waistline.

I had the same thing happen to me when losing 10 lbs though.

I didn't exercise though I just changed what I ate normally.

I was initially an inverted triangle 37.5-25-33. But I lost weight in my bust and waist and thighs and even some of my butt.
    5d2tzn.jpg
    I became a 36-23-33.
    Which is hourglass range. The way I gain weight is in my bust butt and thighs mainly and then my waist minorly. My hips stay very slim so they become unaffected by my weightloss mostly.

358nogi.jpg
    10rmou1.jpg
  • theCaityCat
    theCaityCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know that any one workout is more effective for certain body shapes. I'm a pear/triangle/bottom-heavy shape, whether I'm at my current weight or when I'm at a much lower weight. I've always worn pants and skirts that were one or two sizes bigger than my shirts. Since I began losing weight, my upper body measurements have decreased by more inches than my lower body measurements.