How much is water weight?

Options
So I've been very steady in my weight loss, and I have slowly started to level off, although I am still losing at a predictable and steady rate of 1.5 lbs per week.

In the past two days I put on close to 7 lbs though, which is almost 5% body weight! I had one day where I was over my calorie goal, still a net loss, and another perfect day.

I was wracking my brain, cause even an awful day wouldn't account for such gain. It had to be water weight. I had been doing a lot of driving the past few days (still getting my workouts in, including a 10k this am), and I also realized that after going soda free for about 5 months, I had drank a lot of diet soda the past few days while driving (doesn't make me need to pee as much) and I've had salted air pop popcorn.

Bottom line question, can a sodium spike cause upwards of 7 lbs of water retention? Is that realistic or am I missing something?

Replies

• JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes it's sodium! Happens to me every time.....drink a lot of water with lemon juice for a couple of days and it will flush out.