not new to lifting but not effective at it either?..help?

Options
I'm part of a d3 sports program and we are always in the weight room however I'll be the first to say that my coach doesn't really know what he's doing in terms of the lifting regimens (ex.) he'll have us work the same muscle groups in a row after complete exhaustion with no rest of those muscles!! etc..things of that nature) and just had some questions

1.) I do cardio 6x a week how often should I lift in conjunction with the cardio?

2.) should I be doing more compound movements to see results or should I do isolated?

3.) do you know of any sites with good routines/ regimen or do you personally know of any regimens for someone thats not just starting out but doesn't really know where to start to lift EFFECTIVELY..thanks

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    you don't mention what your goals are. are you trying to build muscle, raise your overall metabolism - is strength your goal?

1. that's a lot of cardio, and knowing your goals would be helpful.

2. mix it up. that way, you'll be hitting the various muscles from different angles.

3. bodybuilding.com is an amazing resource for exercises and routines, but books are handy, too, although not knowing what you want to achieve makes recommendations sort of generic. try "flex appeal" by rachel mclish. i found bev francis' "power bodybuilding" and "beyond built" by bob paris inspiring, but what really got me into working out was reading muscle mags. that's where you'll find lots of bodybuilders with lots of exercises and routines.
  • vvancol_rose
    vvancol_rose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to reach my goal is like asap lol so yen I'm doing a lot of cardio lol but I'm 240 i'm trying to get down to like 160