5'0 and finally at a healthy BMI [-20lbs!]

Options
manicautumn
manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
I know I haven't probably been on here long enough to have a true "success story", but I finally got down to a healthy BMI and I wanted to share it. (I also splurged on some new sandals and stone ear jewellery!) I don't really see a huge difference, but I'm sure that'll come in time. I already feel better.

When I stepped on my Aria scale this morning, this is what I saw:
tumblr_n6qcwpECcG1qadt2xo1_400.png

I recently discovered an abandoned MFP account I made last August with the weight 147lbs logged last. I was pretty much in denial about how much weight I had gained, so I went and found an image on Facebook. I did look chubbier than I remembered.

I'm 5'0 and 21 years old. I was 115lbs (wrestled at 51kg) when I graduated high school. I gained the freshman 15 and was around 130lbs in Summer 2012. I gained another 17lbs by Summer 2013 (picture below). My highest weight was close to 150lbs. There are a lot of reasons why I gained ranging from fibromyalgia to jumping between different birth control to drinking excessively.

I lost about seven pounds by cutting back on drinking which put me at 140lbs when I got my wisdom teeth removed in November. I dropped 10lbs (unhealthily) in the weeks following that on a liquid and reduced diet. I gained about 5lbs back when I began eating normally again.

I've been on MFP since the very start of May 2013 with a start weight of around 134. In about 5 weeks, I have dropped down to about 127lbs. I walk at least 10,000 steps, drink 2L of water, and eat an average of 1546 calories a day (thanks FitBit!). I'm finally at a healthy BMI again. I went from a few pounds away from obese to healthy in a year. I still have a ways to go, but I have progress.

It's nothing like the 100lb+ losses others have, but everyone is fighting a different battle.

tumblr_n6qcrg1DZK1qadt2xo1_400.jpg

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nicely done, you can see a big difference!
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your desired weight and a healthy BMI!
  • fryfat
    fryfat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, 20lbs is a big difference on short people!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you're looking fantastic. It's nice to see a shortie eating more than 1200 a day!! :flowerforyou:
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good job, your looking hot!
  • cafeduus
    cafeduus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I too am 5'0 and currently I don't have a
    healthy BMI. You have given me incentive and motivation to try and get down
    to a healthy BMI, and like you said, everyone has their own stories.

Thank you again for your post - and you look GREAT!!!!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Glad to see other shorties (I'm the same height) eating more than 1200 calories!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    awesome work it's very hard carrying extra weight when you are short I know I am only 5'2 and this 20 pounds loss looks awesome on you keep it up shorty. lol
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone :)
  • EquineWild
    EquineWild Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You really can see the difference. :happy:

I'm the same height but weigh in at 143lbs. My fingers are crossed that I can get down the weight you are at.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!