Not sure where to post this

Options
I have gained so much weight since I got married. Between liking food and dealing with depression (linked to an accident I had in 93), not being able to do a lot of exercise also linked to the accident, and having 3 babies by c-section. I am at my heaviest ever including almost toward the end of my preg with my last baby which I had 11 months ago. My lower belly is really hanging low and not sure what I can do to get it to tighten. :noway: I am 35 so I am not getting any younger so any advice would be wonderful! I have been using my power rider but can only do it very little do to my back problems. I am trying to talk hubby into getting us a pool this summer then I can do some exercises in there. I hate not being able to truly exercise :cry: ! It just depresses me so much to not be able to do the things I used to be able to do.:sad:

Replies

• losingit
    losingit Posts: 14
    Options
    I have gained so much weight since I got married. Between liking food and dealing with depression (linked to an accident I had in 93), not being able to do a lot of exercise also linked to the accident, and having 3 babies by c-section. I am at my heaviest ever including almost toward the end of my preg with my last baby which I had 11 months ago. My lower belly is really hanging low and not sure what I can do to get it to tighten. :noway: I am 35 so I am not getting any younger so any advice would be wonderful! I have been using my power rider but can only do it very little do to my back problems. I am trying to talk hubby into getting us a pool this summer then I can do some exercises in there. I hate not being able to truly exercise :cry: ! It just depresses me so much to not be able to do the things I used to be able to do.:sad:
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    You might want to start with just going out and walking for 30 minutes a day. It will start making you feel better both physically and emotionally. Maybe you dh will watch the kids so that you can get a few minutes of quiet time or get a girlfriend to walk with you for girl chat time while you walk.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hey Honey...sorry about all of that...hope your husband does get you a pool, that would be great!

Hope you remember, that when you're feeling down to turn it around...start thinking about your life, your family and be grateful for all of your blessings.

I don't know how bad your back is but are you able to practice some Yoga?

Keep your spirits up...you'll figure it all out...don't spend your time thinking about your past capabilities, take that time to think about new ways to accomplish goals!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Start with what you can do, walks, swimming, low impact exercise videos.

Next, change what you buy at the store. Buy only lean meats, chicken, fish. Low cal or no cal substitutes. Drink lots of water, etc.

There is so much you can do today to start you on the road to where you want to be. :smile:

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsksanchez
    mrsksanchez Posts: 64
    Options
    the best place for this is the motivation/support spot; however i wish to offer you a little support right now my weight loss has mostly been due to just starting to eat right. i eat mostly 3 smart ones or healthy choices a day and 3 100 calorie snacks a day i'm down 24 lbs and 3 sizes since april 1st if i can do it anybody can believe me:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    the best place for this is the motivation/support spot; however i wish to offer you a little support right now my weight loss has mostly been due to just starting to eat right. i eat mostly 3 smart ones or healthy choices a day and 3 100 calorie snacks a day i'm down 24 lbs and 3 sizes since april 1st if i can do it anybody can believe me:flowerforyou: :smooched:

okay that is impressive girl!!!! clapping!!!!:drinker:

I agree just little changes and being constant can make a big difference...best of luck!!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • losingit
    losingit Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and encouraging words! It is hard when you feel all alone. Today I was doing really good and at dinner I was feeling sorry for myself cause everyone's plates were full and mine looked quite skimpy.:ohwell: But on the bright side I had a GREAT day!:drinker:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Eating right will really help. After you hang out on this site for a while, you will realize that your plate is not skimpy; its just that everyone els's plates are too full. (That full plate is what contributed to your weight gain, right?) Hold tight with your portion control and calorie intake. As for the excersize, I really recomend finding a trainer. It can be expensive (around $300 for 6 weeks) but they will show you how to excersize without hurting your back, and also show you that you are a lot stronger then you realized.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You'll find that keeping track of everything you eat and how many colories are in it will be an easier way for you to start eating healthier foods with less calories. I eat five small meals a day and two snacks usually sugar free jello with apple and whip cream......fat free...... Plenty of vegetales and fruit. There are many ways to prepare them as well as eat them raw. Your off to a great start here on MFP, with plenty of support from people who understand and are willing to help. Glad you joined us.:flowerforyou:I to have back pain and I started out just walking a few minutes a day and now I can walk up to 30 minutes a day.